PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jodaknight

Lurker
Sep 3, 2013
Hi folks
Bought a pipe, lost the pipe. Found the pipe after a few years. So yeah, I'm a new pipe smoker. So far I think I like the aromatic ones slightly sweeter blends. I know I will learn but for now I hate Bites! lol

Canadian, male, 40 looking to learn about tobaccos and pipes as well making pipes myself (Could be fun). So far biggest issue I have is figuring out the tenon connection things. Trying even to find the military connectors(is that right?)
Anyways Hi! and hope to read from many of you and hear your thoughts and wisdom.
Blessings n Stuff. J

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Welcome to the forums joda! :clap:

A moderator will probably chastize you for not capitalizing the words in this thread's title, but don't let that put you off.

There are several folks who can offer some assistance in pipe making, but you might just get linked to a pipe making site.

Anyways, looking forward to more posts to hear about your experiences and opinions.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
Welcome Joda! If you want to learn anything and everything about pipes, its right here on Pipesmagizine.com. Remember that we are all super friendly, and will gladly assist you in any way we can. There are no stupid questions here, just ask and you will more than likely get your question answered. I've yet to have one these great folks couldn't help me with. Have fun browsing the site, posting in the forum discussions, and I hope to see more posts from you. Enjoy your journey into pipe smoking.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Welcome!
Youtube is a great resource just to see the basics. I love watching the videos from the pipe making companies and seeing their shops as well as some of the at home guys.. I know there's also a pipe makers forum with a shed load of info on the subject.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Welcome!
I have to say youtube can be very helpful in learning tips and tricks to keep the bowl lit, get more flavor out of blends, and how to load a bowl (especially flake tobacco because to newbies that can be a bit bizarre at first).

jodaknight

Lurker
Sep 3, 2013
Thanks all! I will look up the links.
RE: Caps in topic.. So when I type in my topic 'I Should Put The Title Like This' ? Just the title though correct?

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Well, unless I'm only speaking for myself, we do appreciate proper use of English, although computerese like LOL and other mysterious abbreviations are permitted, to my personal dismay. :cry:

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
Thanks all! I will look up the links.
RE: Caps in topic.. So when I type in my topic 'I Should Put The Title Like This' ? Just the title though correct?
Yup. And from there, I think the appropriate analogy is to type as if a formal paper and an email had a baby, and the forum's that baby! Yes to things like spelling, punctuation, proper grammar, and (generally) non-offensiveness; but ALSO yes to abbreviations (see here for some baccy related ones), shortened commonly used words, basic computer lingo , etc. Don't sweat the rules much, if you do things wrong, we'll let you know :wink: Just realize we aren't attacking you, just helping maintain the forum!

jodaknight

Lurker
Sep 3, 2013
Ah yes correct grammatical form and proper use of the English language. I can perceive where some may feel need to be taken aback by another's witticisms and colloquial use of words from a relaxed person. Worldly slang would be a thorn in one's side if forced upon them the need to decipher another's vocabulary. I shall strive to uphold the gentleman's club armchair traditions, if I should desire commenting more in the annals of these forums again.

Thank-you for your corrections and please forgive a novice of his atrocious self introductions. :)

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Welcome to the forums and enjoy that pipe. If your looking for a good aromatic I suggest you try Villiger's Mid-Day.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
Thank-you for your corrections and please forgive a novice of his atrocious self introductions. [:)]
LOL :rofl:
Welcome to The Club jodaknight!!! You will most definitely find a wealth of information from our friends on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.