PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eugenepark

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 13, 2018
Oklahoma
Hello all. Joined the forum as I am getting very interested in pipes.
My favorite current smoke is Hearth & Home Blackhouse out of my Big Ben pipe. I bought the Blackhouse on a whim and can't get enough of the flavor!

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Howdy & welcome, Eugene from upstate SC! Got a lot of favorites but haven't done Blackhouse myself. I'll check into it, thanks! BTW,if you want something interesting, you really ought to come aboard the Frigate for a visit! :)
Bill

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Welcome aboard! Blackhouse is pretty good but in my opinion it takes too long to prep - you know, going through it and picking out all the latakia before you smoke it. 8)

fordm60

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2014
Welcome to the Forums!!
timt "Picking out all the Latakia." Killing me lmao!!!

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Welcome and cheers, Eugene. You know, the more I hear about Black House, the more intrigued I become. Along the way, this blend never made it to my pipes, but pipers rave about it and it gets 3.6 on TRC. Black Cavendish, Kentucky, Latakia, Oriental/Turkish, Perique, Virginia ... my cellar is complete, but this might be one of the those blends that makes it in anyways. Thanks for posting about it.

eugenepark

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 13, 2018
Oklahoma
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I also have a tin of the White Knight also by Hearth and Home. It's a much milder variant and less sweet than the Blackhouse, but you can tell they are meant to compliment each other in one's tobacco collection.

foursidedtriangle

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 22, 2018
Whiteknight was a disappointment until I dried it, and then it smoked just fine. There is also Magnum Opus which is a little milder than Blackhouse but probably just as good, more orientals in that one.

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
Welcome.
Wow... Blackhouse and White Knight. You’re certainly off to a great start. Absolutely two of my personal favorites. Thanks for the reminder to order some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.