PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyohogger

Lurker
Nov 6, 2018
Hello everyone, thought I should finally come clean and join this incredible group. I mean that in the most sincere way. I’ve recently picked up my pipes again and I’ve gained so much good and sometimes funny information from this forum. I look forward to getting to know everyone and sharing in this adventure that we all enjoy so much. A little about me: I was born and raised a midwestern boy with a father, uncle, and grandfather all smoking pipes. In the mid 90’s I could no longer resist the call of the Rocky Mountains so I moved to northern Colorado. Then about 10 years ago work brought me to the east gate of Yellowstone, where I call home today. I picked up my first briar in 97 and I still have fond memory’s of the tongue bite from those first couple of bowls. Luckily for me there was a good tobacconist in Fort Collins at the time that straitened me out and saved my entry into this hobby. I’ve always kept a tin in the garage but I’ve finally slowed down and started to enjoy the finer things in life. A good bourbon and a bowl of black frigate!

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Welcome to the forums. I spent one day in Wyoming (Devils Tower) a couple of years ago...day trip from Rapid City, S.D. Beautiful state from what I saw of it. Yellowstone is on my bucket list.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome. What fine open spaces in Wyoming. We love North Carolina, but with all the oaks and pines, it requires some driving around to get a full sunrise or sunset, and with the often humid weather, celestial events are often out of the question. A comet shower viewing usually just looks like a cloud bank at night here. We do have an international airport ten minutes from home, and a major art museum, not just a regional one, about two miles away, so we count our blessings.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Welcome aboard. This past summer my son and I drove through Wyoming, stopping off at Devil's Tower and Yellowstone. Beautiful country indeed.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Welcome from Texas.
pirates.jpg

jay-roger.jpg

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
Welcome! While living in Colorado years ago I used to go to the Cheyenne Frontier Days. Always enjoyed my times there, especially their great rodeos.

tenfiver

Lurker
Nov 13, 2018
So this is where the Wyoming pipe smokers hang out! I'm one of the southwest variety. Nice to meet you guys.

tenfiver

Lurker
Nov 13, 2018
I see you use "gentlemen" loosely around here. I've never had that accusation leveled at me before.

Status
Not open for further replies.