PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I wish I opened this can of McClelland's Stave Aged virginia sooner. I've had it sitting in my new blend box along with 25 other unopened tins I have yet to sample.
Boy this is sweet and delicious. A top 5 for me and I'm only a few bowls into the tin.
I don't see Jim having a review on it yet. I'll PM him and see if I can send him a tin for him to review if he doesn't have it already.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Definitely Duane. Sweet delicious retrohale and no burn/tingle which for me usually means decently aged virginia.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Always good to hear a rave comment on a blend. I have so many unopened tins...

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
It is a good one! I haven’t had any since the year it was release (2012 I think?) and I have a couple more tins in the cellar. I plan on trying it again around the 10 year mark, as I imagine it should be pretty stellar at that point. It’s odd, this one was never really a huge hit. I have often wished that they did a stave aged flake version.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I have a 4 yr. old tin working, and I think it's magnificent.
It’s odd, this one was never really a huge hit.
It rates pretty highly at TR.com -- just no hype here in the forums.

It was favorably reviewed at PipesMagazine: http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-tobacco-reviews/novembers-chill/

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
Having laid hold of some Sutliff Frosty Mint I would like to recommend it to everyone.
Everyone who would like Moldy York Peppermint Patty Farts

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
2012 Christmas Cheer!! I started smoking straight VA but for whatever reason veered away. I had forgotten the very appealing earthy tang, to use Jim Ink's terminology for a type of red Va flavor.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Salted Plug All of the Christmas Cheers that I've tried are damn good.
Also McCranies Red Flake / Red Ribbon are both delicious.
Cortez I need to buy 15 or 20 tins and stock pile them away.

Status
Not open for further replies.