Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I've been intrigued by the discussions about Falcon pipes of late so I ordered this from P&C along with C&D Riverboat Gambler. It just seemed to be a good pairing at the time. First smoke is very nice. Next thing to do is shop for extra bowls. This a rather fun product.
ktXwU7m.jpg

6r2TTdN.jpg

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Very cool ... I was eyeing the very same one.
About 3 weeks ago, my wife scored an old Dr. Grabow Viking for me. Apparently, they were sued by Falcon for this design.
After clean up, I was quite surprised at how well it smoked!
Congrats and enjoy your new burner. :puffy:

spino

Lurker
Jan 7, 2016
I love my Falcons. I have 6 and have been fighting the urge to pick up another after P&C listed all those. They're great smokers.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Good looking Falcon. I've been thinking of picking one up eventually as well.

How was the Riverboat Gambler? :puffy:

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Peck recommended Riverboat Gambler. It's tough to determine what a blend really is while breaking in a pipe. I'll smoke some in a cob and then a briar today to see what's going on with it.

ssavarimuthu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 14, 2016
I've been looking at getting a Falcon pipe. When I first began pipe smoking, I thought they looked cheap. But I'm beginning to see the benefits of them. I wish I had a buddy that had one so that I could try before I buy, as they can be be just as expensive as some briars.
Would you all recommend me buying a used one on eBay?

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
I've got a couple Falcons. Decent smokers but not outstanding, good bang for the buck. I make my own dry rings from pipecleaners. You need to keep the inside of the bowl hole and outside of the humidome free of gunk or it closes off the draw. For me it's more maintenance than a standard pipe, and running a pipecleaner through a regular pipe works just as well to sop up moisture as any of these better-moustrap inventions. At least Falcons sump is metal and wipes clean easily, unlike Peterson system pipes where the briar sump gets wet and stinky.
I got my Falcons from 4noggins because they had the greatest assortment and the lowest prices. Thinking of picking up a couple meer bowls at some point.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
. To the left is a Grabow Viking, middle one I got from Falcon inventors Daughter, on the right was purchased from Iran Reis. Also I have my yard Falcons I purchased from the bay and reworked them. Good travel and yard work pipes. I need a meer bowl sometime in the future.

Mar 1, 2014
I just found out about these: http://www.gqtobaccos.com/falcon-chimney-bowls-new-2016/
A falcon with a chimney sounds perfect, since a chimney is pretty much exactly what I want on my pipes to keep the smoke away from my face.

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
Brad that looks like one of Mr. Dave's Australian custom jobs. I've created a wee nest of his admirers here in the middle of the mid-west. His bowls are very well received by all.

Status
Not open for further replies.