PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seilerjp

Might Stick Around
Oct 13, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
After a 4.5 year hiatus, I have just completed two stories in the Emperor Leopaldo Saga which is devoted to pipe Collecting/Pipe Smoking & SF. The first story "The Proposal" has been posted on my website. The second story "The Medal" should appear soon.
My website is located here: http://mysite.verizon.net/seilerjp/
Feedback is always appreciated. There is a button on the bottom of the page to send me email

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
For those of you who haven't read the Emperor Leopaldo stories you are missing a real treat. Just about everyone other than 3-4 of the recurring characters in the stories is a veiled or not so veiled reference to the pipe world of today.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Wow! These are great stories. Just finished reading Satisfaction, the first of the series, and I'm hooked. Will download the remainder, and anticipate a fine ride. I loved Regis McCaffert's pipe-centric Joshua Pitt stories. And yours are even more pipe-centric! Any thought to publishing the entire set in hard copy? In the meantime, many thanks for providing these as downloadable PDFs. Kudos to you sir for your fine writing style - a gift to the entire pipe smoking community, although I suspect they'd be of interest to non pipe enthusiasts as well. Now, on to the next story in the series.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Ah, the second story of the Tex-mebe was great!

I'm having a blast with the Emperor Leopaldo stories!

Perfect ending:
Paul asked, “But why were the pipe smokers not affected?”

Nick responded “Have you ever met a depressed pipe smoker?”

He winked, and left the room to continue his well-deserved vacation.
If you ever succeed in publishing these in hardcopy, the cover art should include an Old Earth pipe or one made of Krenellian B’iar, set against a Hubbell Space telescope image of the silver-purple gas nebulae.

seilerjp

Might Stick Around
Oct 13, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I have thought about if the stories had any commercial value and came to the conclusion that they did not. I wrote the stories to fill a hole I perceived in that there was no pipe & tobacco literature available for the pipe collector/pipe smoker. I write them to be satisfactory to one person, ME. KCghost hit the nail on the head. Some of the names have been changed to protect the guilty/innocent. I hope you find some usefull information on pipe smoking/collecting. Of course as the author, the stories follow my interests. Emperor Leopald definitely likes McClelland #5100, I wonder why?
Dave, You can see the Chicago meeting spurred me on. I enjoyed seeint your collection, it was Magnificent.

seilerjp

Might Stick Around
Oct 13, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
After a period of time, and now that I am 'retired' I have written a new Emperor Leopaldo Saga story. The story is entitled "Master Penman" and may be found on my website http://mysite.verizon.net/seilerjp/ . It will be on pipedia later this week. As usual, feedback is appreciated.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
This is an outstanding and John's inspiration for it came from a recent Brian Levine interview on his podcast. To me, this might be the best Leopaldo story ever.

seilerjp

Might Stick Around
Oct 13, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
The "Master Penman" story and a little short Sherlock Holmes story are also posted on Pipedia.

http://pipedia.org/wiki/John_Seiler

Status
Not open for further replies.