PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

choppa

Might Stick Around
Aug 11, 2012
Maui
I think I got a good deal on these three pipes. I really like the looks of the Ben Wade freehand and was wondering if anyone knows the makers of the other two. I'm no expert so any info you guys might have on these would be greatly appreciated. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261079632480
Choppa

cajunguy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
The one in the very top left hand corner reminds me of a 1970's/early 80s La Rocca. I have La Rocca sitter from that time that has a very similar finish and stem as the one photographed--but that's only a guess.
A very nice score, though. Congrats!

choppa

Might Stick Around
Aug 11, 2012
Maui
Thanks for the replies and the welcome. Looking forward to gaining some knowledge and having some fun!

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Nice win, my friend. Welcome aboard. Ben Wade has quite a varied history, you might learn more from Pipedia. I have a Ben Wade freehand from the early 80's: the thing is beautiful, but enormous and heavy. It is a well made pipe, and I enjoy smoking it, but it is definitely not a clencher. Hope yours are as enjoyable.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Welcome aboard. You did well. I have 2 Ben Wades; one made in England and one made in Denmark. Both a good smokers. Enjoy them and keep us posted with pics when you receive them.

bigmike

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on a great score..... :puffy:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Welcome! Ben Wades are supposed to smoke well. The one in the center almost looks like a figural? I can see a sort of face, but that might be my neurosis....
$T2eC16JHJF0E9nmFQg18BQIpYos4zQ~~60_57.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.