PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
I'd thought I'd share pics of my newly completed pipes by Don Warren. One is a Briar and the other is Maple. I've never had a hardwood pipe and I've wanted a natural finish briar to see how it will color. These two pipes should satisfy any PAD attacks for a while.
001.jpg

002.jpg

leacha

Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
I like Cutty shapes and smaller pipes. I figured a Devil Anse fills the need. I'm also looking forward to the coloring process.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yes to unfinished pipes. I really like the pipes smoker's participation in "finishing" the bowl and shank. You

get a deep honey brown that is totally distinctive to the pipe, and to you. Can't beat it.

leacha

Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
I haven't received the pipes yet. Within a few days. I plan on smoking nothing but Virginias or Burleys in the Maple, maybe GLs Jack Knife Plug or Union Square. For some reason that seems like the right baccy for that pipe. Something an old timer might have carved himself and grew the tobacco on his land.

leacha

Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
Those MM maple pipes are supposed to be really good. Check YouTube. There's a video or two with someone smoking 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.