PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

piperphil

Lurker
Jun 11, 2012
Hi y'all I just recently had a corncob pipe commissioned by Riccardo Santia. It's awesome, period. Bamboo shank, acrylic stem, briar plug and bottom. He is using cobs from Missouri Meerschaum and on this one particular used two cobs. Since MM had a bad growing season they were low on larger cobs but my man Ricco has outwitted nature and stacked two cobs to make a rather large bowl. I drew up the design asked for a briar base and presto, week and a half later I had this little gem in my mail box. It smokes wonderfully. The drafthole is drilled at 4mm so it smokes like a briar and its filterless. I like it so much better than the MM cobs and is my second favorite pipe as it stands. Warrantied against burnout for 2 years and he made a custom tamper/poker for me as well as the rest of the goodies pictured below.

SANY1558_zpsa1592b2a.jpg

SANY1551_zps6e0acb73.jpg

SANY1555_zps8252057f.jpg

SANY1560_zps753f326c.jpg

piperphil

Lurker
Jun 11, 2012
@ pipeinhand,

No it's not two shanks that is a second tamper. But now you have given me an idea for my next pipe from Riccardo. Interchangable shanks: 1 straight, 1 curved. Thanks man. Now I know what I want for Christmas, hahaha.

timely

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 23, 2012
Awesome custom job. Does Riccardo Santia have an online store? Wondering if he has other pipes for sale.

corncobguy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2012
im a big cob smoker and ive tried some of these riccardo santia cobs and they are wonderfull.although i prefer mm but these are great if anybody wants to give them a shot you can find them at http://aristocob.com/

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
I got one from Aristocob 4 or 5 weeks ago and it's a great smoker. I will be getting another for sure.

piperphil

Lurker
Jun 11, 2012
Thanks for the compliments y'all. I'm actually talking to Riccardo now about doing another cob. Something a little more unique with some antler thrown in. I'll post those pics when I get the pipe in. But in the mean time y'all go get one of these bad boys. Support small business men/women.

Status
Not open for further replies.