PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipetrucker

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
I am taking a little time off in Fond Du Lac, WI. I checked the web for any pipe shops in the area and found Pages And Pipes located in Appleton which was less than an hour away. I decided to drive up there and see what they had to offer.
The place is an old fashioned news stand sort of place with lots of books, magazines, newspapers, cigars, pipes, and tobacco. Just my kind of place.
I checked out their pipe selection. One pipe caught my eye right off but I checked out several. I wound up buying the one that caught my eye right away. I have always been a "go with your first instinct" sort anyway.
I checked out the tobacco selection and was pleased to see they carry pretty much all of the Uhle's blends plus a few of their own. I chose three of their own blends to try out, an ounce each, just to try something new.
I then checked out their magazine selection and picked out two sailing magazines I like but haven't run across in a while.
All in all it was a great find and I left a little poorer in cash but much richer in goodies.
Here is the pipe I wound up with. It is a Cristiano Phidias. I really like the look of the pipe and the silver work is especially nice. These shots are from my Ipod, and I'll try to get some better ones with my camera once I find the blasted cord that connects it to my computer.
photo29.jpg

photo28.jpg

photo27.jpg

pipetrucker

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
Thanks, gents. I am looking forward to getting it broken in.
Pawpaw: No, the softy bit didn't come with the pipe. As I am normally clenching while driving my rig I add them to all of my pipes for a more comfortable clench.

Status
Not open for further replies.