PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
For the past 3 1/2 years my life was turned upside down, there has been good things and bad...
My wife and I adopted 2 sons, got married, my job suddendly shut down, went back to school, father in law past away, my dad got cancer (now a survivor) my uncle passed away from cancer, my aunt is currently being treated for cancer, after school it's been a struggle to find a good paying job since no one wants to hire you without experience.
Now I have 2 jobs, work 7 days a week to support my wife and kids, along with having medical issues myself, it's no easy task.
On friday I got a call that I was accepted for employment at the biggest Prison Hospital in the US, there building it in Stockton, CA. Although the commute will be longer than I want, I'm truly blessed by Jesus that he has guided me in the right direction and without him and my family my dreams would not realised.
Thanks to the wonderful people I've meet on this site and other pipe boards, with their laughter it made the hards days seem easier.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I am so glad for you, I lost my job due to a strike in the 60s and my baby boy was 11 months old, no job no money , took a testt in BR LA to work at Exxon in BR, there were 500 applicants and they were only gonna hire 24, said to myself no chance, well I passed the test, was hired, borrowed a rice hauling truck to move my Meger belongings. Farmer had put a governor it so crew would not go fast, it would only go 35 mph, went 175 miles like that. I"m telling you this story because I am 70 now, lost my Mother and Father to cancer. 15 yrs ago Drs told me go home and make your will, they don"t know diddle squat. The reason I"m telling you this is never give up hope, fight for your family with your last breath, and son you are on the right track. Good luck to you.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations on your new job. Best wishes for continued happiness for you and your family.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Man, life has its mountaintops and mine shafts, and sometimes you feel like you've been

six different people during different chapters of your life. Take care of yourself and your

health. Great Western writer, L'Amour, has a quote: "Some day you will feel like everything

is over; that will be the beginning." That's a rough quote, but about right. So true.

boudreaux

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2013
Been down several of those same roads myself, and currently traveling on another difficult one.
You deserve a lot of credit for perseverance when many would have simply given up.
Keep your eyes on the prize and you will be successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.