PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

p4ttythep3rf3ct

Might Stick Around
Mar 2, 2015
Just received my '17 POTY from another forum. Thought y'all might dig it.
http://imgur.com/a/clEhF
It's a Briarworks Classic Lovat in Black Blast w/ yellow tortoiseshell stem. Maybe I'll just call it amber tortoiseshell ;) It's smaller than I was expecting, but I really needed something daintier in my collection. Sometimes you get what you need? lol But seriously, finally a pipe to fit in my pouch without stretching it to the gills aaaand it's not so expensive I won't mind knocking it around at the bar, or losing it should that come to pass.(knock on briar that NEVER happens). It is also super light, surprisingly light. Shame I look so silly clenching it.

bentbob

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2015
Shame I look so silly clenching it.
Nice looking pipe - why would you look silly clenching it?
I do have a soft spot for Lovat's - among the few straight pipes I own, I have three!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
With the long shank, it has an element of the Canadian too, but with the saddle stem. I don't put much store in pricing on pipes. Some of the pipes with crown jewel prices aren't always wonderful, and some moderately priced pipes are. I like the contrasting stem color, very snappy. For whatever reason, women can still generate a sensation by smoking a pipe, which must be fun. Guys mostly just get hassled.

p4ttythep3rf3ct

Might Stick Around
Mar 2, 2015
Thanks all! Yeah, the color contrast is what hooked me. The entire household was/is against the finish...I've taken many polls, but I couldn't let it go. It was the cheapest of the bunch as well, which was a bonus, and not so much as a value or worth so much as it is a variable in risk management. I go to rough shows when I get to get out :)
The clench effect is rather DOINGGGGG!!!! Bob Dobbsish, which is probably more striking on a masculine face with straight lines. Nonetheless, it makes a great pointer and I'm down with that. I don't really clench 98% of the time anyway.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
As a fan of Canadian, Lumberman, Liverpool, Lovat shapes I'd loved the pic of your latest PAD. The blast looks awesome, especially contrasted with the yellow stem.
Congratulations!

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I really like the Briarworks Classic line of pipes.

Good looking and they smoke very well at what I consider to be a very good price.

That's a good looking Lovat. Enjoy. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.