PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
Cornell & Diehl's The Beast is hands down my favorite of 2016. I only wish they made more of it. It quickly turned into my favorite blend so it's a shame to not be able to buy it again.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
This might be the final year we get to enjoy newly released blends before the FDA saves us all from ourselves and the evil Big Pipe Tobacco.

tobaccojoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2016
USA
jacks6: Lucky you! I definitely wanted a tin or two of C&D's The Beast, but that DISAPPEARED real quick! :)

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Have tried both SG's Brown Sugar Flake and Cabbie's Mixture. I like Cabbie's. Not so sure about Brown Sugar yet. It is really moist and needs some serious drying time.
But Cabbie's comes out of the tin ready to light and it is good, grassy, with just the right hit of Perique. Not too strong in the nic department (yes, I'm a nic wuss).
I have a couple of tins of Cabbie's and will get more for the cellar. Not too sure on Brown Sugar.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Not new, but not well-known, C&D Super Balkan, and PC Russ O.'s experimental Balkan M61, which may later emerge as an ongoing blend, in some form. I did buy some Fire Storm, by Russ, but haven't opened it yet. I tend not to chase the newest or rarest blends, but that's just me. Sometimes the oldies are new again -- I just bought a tin of Dunhill's London Mixture.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I haven't tried it yet, but I am very excited for the new Carolina Red Flake from C&D. I didn't bother with the other Small Batch editions, just not to my tastes. But this one has me ecstatically anticipating it's arrival in the mail!

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
War Horse plug. Sample at Chicago Pipe Show. Understand the release will be in time for Christmas.

If it's not released before August 7, it better not be released at all.
Back to the original question:
C&D Bijou is awesome. And I have high hopes for C&D Carolina Red Flake - got 16 tins.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
MSO , I agree completely about M-61! If released, it will be my go to blend! I am drooling just thinking about it.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Finally got around to trying Mac Baren's Solent Mixture. Very good English Aromatic crossover.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
I have to second Brown Sugar Flake. I expected too much flavoring and was quite happy to find out I was incorrect. With a little drying time this is a great flake. I was lucky enough to get it back around February, too. My tin is nearly empty as it is reserved for little treats.

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
Just tried a tin of the new blend "FDA Regs". Upon opening the tin I was overcome by the smell of pure Bullshit. Would not recommend this to anyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.