allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Bill Schlosky from Smoker's Haven
01a5306a6900b6e5b95857f4a71313c4ce54de8f5e_zpscb12f9e8.jpg

IMG_0397_zpsc8561135.jpg

IMG_0394_zpsd4e005aa.jpg

French Pipe from St Claude, France, built somewhere between 1914 and 1940-sold by his Grandson at the pre show.
IMG_0393_zpse596ef25.jpg

IMG_0392_zps7eb49ff7.jpg

Another pre=war St. Claude
IMG_0391_zpse3a6e4e7.jpg

IMG_0390_zps00e02158.jpg

Steve Liskey, a relatively new carver:
IMG_0387_zpsc536f28e.jpg

J and J pipes
IMG_0384_zpse73ba6ea.jpg

IMG_0385_zpsf4eed42e.jpg

IMG_0386_zpsbe97d5aa.jpg

Rad Davis:
IMG_0374_zpse451ae71.jpg

IMG_0383_zps2fc21b1b.jpg

There was a pre-transition Comoy that I purchased-but wouldn't you know, I bought almost the exact same one I love. Oh, well. (sorry no pic yet)
I've decided absolutely, without question, no hesitation, no nothing, this is the last pipes I buy this year!!!
I don't know about you guys, but this picture taking, uploading, downloading, resizing, took me forever to do!
:)

Dec 24, 2012
Those are fantastic Allan. Obviously your wife doesn't know how much you spent. Send me that Liskey or I will drop her a note and let her know what a profligate degenerate you are. One Liskey is worth saving half your assets in an inevitable divorce battle. I am letting you off cheap because we are friends.
Let me know how the Liskey smokes. I have had my eye on his pipes for some time

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Hey Allan, those are GREAT pipes!
I love the variety in your purchases, and your leaning towards artisan carvers. I think my favourite of the bunch is the Rad, but I love the horn set, on your second St. Claude pipe.
Well done!
-- Pat
PS - I bet that isn't your last PAD of 2014

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Thanks, Pat. The Rad, although just a tad heavy for me, smokes wonderfully, No surprise there.
The French pipes I'm expecting nothing from. The little one smokes poorly and the stem is quite bad. But, it is a piece of history.
Peck
If you tell my wife, our friendship is absolutely over! And I'm out of the house living in a tent, if she'll let me ...
Just so you know, the Liskey smokes absolutely wonderfully, if that is English. The stem, the draw, the balance, everything is fantastic. I'm trying to smoke all of them, but too many to deal with. I need more time!
But thanks, guys.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
You're really flashin' some pretty nifty grain on this thread. Great pick-ups, all. :clap:

I appreciate the time and effort that goes into each and every picture. Thank you for an edifying post!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Allan, you did great, I knew you would love the Liskey as his rep is growing big time. The Bill Shalosky pipe is fantastic looking and I am sure it will smoke like the Liskey and the Rad. With the amount of bend in the Rad it should still be very comfortable clenching it even though it is a tad heavy, awesome looking Rad. That J&J pipe is gorgeous, looks similar to a J. Alan, let me know how it smokes for you.
If you really think you are done buying pipes for the rest of the year, think again. I am sure I will find some pipes on ebay that will call to you. Sure you can tell me not to send pics or links, but you know I will ignore you. lol Give me a call when you have time so you can tell me all the details of your first show.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Those were some smart buys! The Rad is the most appealing to me. I held some Shalosky pipes at the NYC show and I was very impressed. Enjoy them and stay out of the tent living!

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Thanks, guys.
Chicago was overwhelming, and I was just, well, overwhelmed!
My wife doesn't know what I have done, and so far she hasn't asked me.
Maybe I escaped a bullet. :)

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Thanks, Pat. The Rad, although just a tad heavy for me, smokes wonderfully,
I hear you, Allan. The Rad I picked up is my largest pipe, and will definitely be my Football Sunday smoke. At 76g it's definitely not a clencher.
8O
-- Pat

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
That's an amazing and eclectic set of pipes. Congratulations on the pipes. My condolences on your marriage.
Those French pipes are wonderful examples -- some of the no-name St. Claude pipes are sort of chintzy, but those are fantastic. I love the horn stem.
And the Shlosky -- wow. Quite a haul.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Most aren't my taste, but I can appreciate good work and art, so they all look wonderful, Really like the J&J and the Rad.
As for you avoiding the bullet from the wife: I'm 28 and I already understand that women can keep their lead to vintage age before unleashing them. You may have dodged it so far, but it'll come ... in the middle of the night, while she is sitting in the bed and you're half asleep. You'll inevitably stumble over the answer because it was totally out of left field.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Chris
The cob is really a good smoker considering the ten dollar price tag, but the plastic stem! Oh my.
So many if you guys know J and J. I had no idea about them. I hesitated till the end and it was my last pipe I purchased. Thankfully, I broke down and bought it
Jeff and john-Let me say, two of the nicest guys you'd want to meet
@/cmdrmcbragg I'm waiting for the sky to fall. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.