PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
The other day my wife and I sat down to watch "The Hindenberg" on TMC. The first thing that surprised me was that smoking was allowed on a zeppelin filled with hydrogen.
Then, I saw Ann Bancroft light up a little metal pipe along the lines of a Falcon, but the bowl was odd looking. I was thinking that it was cool that they had a lady character smoking a pipe when my wife said that she thought it was a pot pipe. Later in the story the character said something along the lines of "it helps make things not so bad".
We looked at each other and started laughing.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Can you believe that we were teenagers in the 70's and still ignorant??? I'll tell my wife she was wrong - something I don't get to do much of.
Thanks!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have never understood how the gondola on a lighter than air aircraft could accommodate a luxury

passenger space with dinning rooms and sitting rooms, but apparently they did, limited space, but

still deluxe comfort. I wonder if they have any of those gondolas in a museum anywhere. It would

certainly interest people to take a look. Even with safer helium, I doubt those days will ever come again.

"Blimps" are strictly for promotions and certain specials kinds of surveillance and such. Yup, those tiny

little pipes were for opium, which was a one-way trip to oblivion.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
IF that accident had never occurred and made safe would you ride one? That was one of the interesting things on the TV show Fringe. The alternate Universe had them still in commission with the top of the empire state building a docking point. I'd defiantly jump on a flight, it would be too cool to pass up.
Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.