PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

meerman

Lurker
Jun 30, 2019
hey everyone. just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. my name is jim and im from the upper peninsula of Michigan. I collect meerschaum pipes, sadik yanik more honestly. I also have a small collection of briars ranging from a dunhill to several savinelli. I have taken up smoking pipe as a way to curb my need for cigarettes and it has been helpful. in the process I have fallen in love with the everyday maintenance that comes with pipes. as an artist I have gravitated to meers for their craftsmanship and for the fun of watching them color over time. I hope to meet many new friends here. please add me to your list if you wish. im still new to pipes so I can always use good advice and good fellowship. take care guys

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Welcome to the forum! Lots of members have come from smoking cigarettes, and lots from the simple pleasures of a well crafted pipe. Diversity is what makes it so interesting around here.
Ask any questions you have, and I'm sure we would all like to see some pictures of your Meers.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Welcome from Illinois. We spent many summer vacations in the U.P. when the kids were young either camping or renting a cabin. Great memories...

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Fellow cigarette quitter. Welcome!
I've never smoked a meer, but my local B&M's lead tobacconist has been getting some in and extolling their virtues. Might try to get one around my birthday later in July.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
meer', welcome aboard from central N.C. I have fond memories of UP, its wooded sparsely populated Lake Superior shore. The joke about UP folks sitting on the beach when another group can be seen a quarter of a mile away, spreading out their blanket on the otherwise deserted shore, and the first beach party says, "Well, let's leave, it's getting crowded."

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome from AZ. You will learn a lot around here. I’m new at 2 years in. Still learning how to smoke properly and discover new tastes.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Holy Wah! You're in Lee Von Erck country! Say yah to da U.P. pipes, eh!
Welcome from Knik River, Alaska! And always remember, anything free.....is worth savin up fer.... :lol:

bouwser

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 8, 2018
Welcome from Michigan as well. I’m a troll from the Grand Rapids area.

writepipe

Lurker
Jul 1, 2019
Greetings. I started smoking pipes part time in 2016 but still smoke cigarettes. Last week, I smoked my last cigarette and now have 3-4 bowls a day. I won't lie, going from 30 cigarettes a day to four pipes a day was rough at first, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Now, I look forward to the pipe for the relaxation and ritual of it, not so much the nicotine. I was raised by my grandfather who smoked a pipe and when I sit on my porch (I don't smoke inside) and go through the packing and lighting routine, I'm reminded of sitting in the den with my grandfather watching him do the same to his pipe. Happy memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.