PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tolkienfan

Lurker
Aug 23, 2019
Hi everyone! Just joined, and this is my first time posting on this website. =)
I recently found out what particular brand of pipe tobacco my late grandfather used to smoke. It's been an awesome nostalgia trip enjoying it. Now, I'm determined to try and find the same kind of pipe he smoked, down to the right manufacturer if I can. Unfortunately, only one of his pipes is still around, in my cousin's possession, and it doesn't have any brand markings on it from what we can tell. I have included the pictures of it that my cousin sent me. I would love if some of you experts could even point me in likely directions. The 3 horizontal notches in the stem seem unique - do they indicate a certain manufacturer? Any and all tips are very much appreciated. Thanks in advance everyone!
Andrew

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm not a huge fan of EA Carey pipes, if peteguy has it right, which well may be. Other brands you might prefer include Savinelli, Chacom, Big Ben, Rossi, Stanwell, and BC. When I owned a Carey, it had little vents on the shank, carburetors, meant to cool the smoke. I taped them up after a while, but the pipe wasn't a good smoker.

tolkienfan

Lurker
Aug 23, 2019
After checking out EA Carey's website and looking at some of them, I think you're right gentlemen! Thank you very much for the great (and fast!) advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.