PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drcastillo

Lurker
May 22, 2013
Hi , i need your opinion about online stores to buy pipes and tobacco, a balance betwen quality and price, i heard about the Uk are better, its that true?, im from México

Thank you

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
Certain pipes, like Petersons are much cheaper in the UK. A pipe that would cost me $120 at a US online store is only $68 at a UK shop. Add shipping, and it's still cheaper.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
I've bought a pipe from tobaccopipes.com - they have good prices, not sure they ship international - it's too bad they don't carry tobacco.

pchitti

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
This certainly depends on what you're looking at, how much you peruse the site and other vendors, and what you mean by "about the same price." As for the latter, for me, a small difference can mean a lot.
I was referring to UK vs USA pricing.

For online site vs online yes major differences. You really have to watch the shipping charges.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
From what I hear from my brothers to the north 4noggins followed by smokingpipes are the best international vendors. I deal with both of those companies and when it comes to customer service and price, there really is no one better. When it comes to pricing, I look at it this way, every 10.00 I save is a free tin of tobacco so I am extremely price conscious.
PC does not ship internationally anymore from what I understand.

drcastillo

Lurker
May 22, 2013
Wow what a big surprise!!!, tonight when i check the post i didnt expect to find such a good answers. Thank you everybody , what a lucky Guy im to find people like you

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
For tobacco, I've begun to take the majority of my business to 4noggins.com. I'm in the US, but I hear good things about their international shipping.
However their pipe selection is a bit spendy, somewhat limited, and their descriptions aren't so wonderful. So for pipes, I'd go with smokingpipes.com

Status
Not open for further replies.