Need some recommendations for online order.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidpox

Can't Leave
Nov 18, 2018
So I'm going to be making an online order for some tobacco in the next week or so and since I'm still new to the hobby I was wondering if anyone could recommend some blends to get. Here are my top 5 so far if that helps suggestions.
1.C&D Dreams of Kadath

2.) HH Bold Kentucky

3.) Captn. Earl's Nightwatch- I dont smoke it very often but hits the spot when I'm wanting some lat.

4.)C&D founding fathers

5.)5 brothers
I'm going to for sure get C&D Exhausted Rooster and some plum pudding. Is the spacial reserve worth the extra money?

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Difficult to recommend without knowing what you like. Several you have on your list are quite stout blends for someone starting out.
Yes, the Plum Pudding and Mississippi Reserve Special Reserve versions are well worth the premium IMHO.

acidpox

Can't Leave
Nov 18, 2018
I've also smoked cigarettes for the last 13-14 years, so I do prefer blends with pently of nic. And I guessing I lean more to the stronger side of tobacco's. And I'm not really sure what my favorite type of tobacco is yet. I do enjoy aromatics and tobbacos that have been lightly topped, also strong in you face tobacco's. Lats are okay when I'm in the mood for them.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I've tried several C&D blends lately and actually found a couple I like. So how about trying these C&D blends.
Opening Night

Redburn

Burley Flake #3

Black Frigate

Pirate Kake
Thats a pretty decent cross section of different blends. If you want to try some GL Pease, I highly recommend Union Square, Chelsea Morning, Maltese Falcon, Jack Knife Plug (or ready rubbed) and Quiet Nights. If you want a good burley, Navigator is decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.