PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
2v2uNuRy3x3L6Bn.jpg
I recently acquired this nice Stanwell 62. It needs some restoration work, not least of which is the ill-fitting stem.
2v2uNuBy2x3L6Bn.jpg
I'd like to get a new stem cut, as close to the original as possible. I had some stems cut a number of years ago, and they had the Stanwell hot stamp, which was nice to have on a replacement. But I don't remember who did the work.
2v2uNuBT8x3L6Bn.jpg
Can anyone recommend someone for the job? Good stem duplicating skills and the Stanwell logo stamp? If I can't get a really well made stem cut, then I'd rather leave this as-is.

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
I don't have the answer to your question, but wanted to say, nice pipe. I really like the look of that one. Good luck on the stem replacement.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
The 62 is a nice pipe. I have several of them and they all smoke quite well. I wish that I knew more about the history/chronology of the markings. Here's one of my other ones, a later version with acrylic stem. I really like the older stem style better, but this is a wonderful pipe. Perhaps my favorite.

2v2uNJwTWx3L6Bn.jpg

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Nice pipes there. The 62, a Sixten Ivarsson shape (the stem design is a dead giveaway).
"62 Freehand, Plateau top, saddle mouthpiece, by Sixten Ivarsson."
:)

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
The stem has morphed over the years and smoothed out. I prefer the older stems that neck down a lot more at the tenon, that's a real traditional Danish stem shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.