PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blkmrkt

Lurker
Oct 16, 2018
So recently I got pretty lucky and acquired a number of what I think are pipes. Part of the fun of getting a new pipe like this is going through finding all the identifying makrkers and learning a Lille of the history. Btw I started smoking a corncob pipe from the Amana Colonies in Iowa when I was 12. But I just recently got back into it. Ok so to the point I ended up with a Castello Carlo Scotti it’s black has a band that says San Antonio 2000 and underneath says 13.16. I can not find it anywhere. I saw one on here but there was no info. Is this thing real? I’ve been searching for two straight days zilch lol. Hoping this is an ok place to ask and that someone has idea of what it is. Thanks fellas!

Not sure how to post photos here

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
There is a sticky on posting pictures.
Perhaps a pipe made for the IPCPR annual show?
http://www.castello.net/10-ipcpr-pipes.html

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I have two of billiards with the 18k band from this series. I think there are pictures in the Show Me Your Castello thread. 8O

blkmrkt

Lurker
Oct 16, 2018
<p>Hey everyone thanks for the input I’ve been trying to figure out how to post pictures. I spent days looking for this I did come across the one in the show me section but didn’t see a lot info to really feel like I had it nailed down. I mean there should’ve been at least a couple out there right? That’s when I decided to just email the Costello website and see if they would help. It was 4 in the morning and I figured it couldn’t hurt. They replied super quick I guess it must’ve noon there and asked for more pictures. I sent those off and then nothing

blkmrkt

Lurker
Oct 16, 2018
I was able to upload photos to my album. They aren’t great but it’s 3 in the morning lol. I can do better ones later today..

I keep wondering what they meant when they said only one sample produced but yet it has the 13.16?
@ daveinlax are the ones you have numbered?

Oct 7, 2016
Pipe went for $280 tonight on the Bay. Original issue came with a nice briar veneer (or made to look that way) box. No mention of one for this pipe. Plain Jane Perla Nera's list in the US for around $550, gold bands are said to currently be a $500 option.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Wow, do you still have the corn cob pipe from the Amana Colony? That sounds like a keeper for sure, if it is still around. That interests me more than the Castello, though I suspect that's a fine pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.