PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Hi folks,

I just joined the forum and am a newbie here. I've begun reading articles and today I bought my first beginner pipe. It's nothing fancy, just a small Medico Conqueror and a few grams of tobacco suggested by the person at the smoke shop.

I'm 61 years old and have never smoked in my life so we will see. I've always wanted to try pipe smoking though and decided to give it a try.

Here is a picture of the pipe and picture of the two choices of tobacco I purchased.

Thanks for all the really great tips and articles.

Chris

kitobi

Lurker
Feb 26, 2015
Hi there and welcome
pipe looks very nice.
not tried those blends of tobacco but after you have had a few bowls of each let us know your thoughts.
andy

crazyhog

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 18, 2015
Congrats and welcome. Make sure to try different blends to see what your palate prefers. Also if the Medio comes with a paper filter, may I suggest you try Savin Ellis balsa 6mm.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Hello again all

Thank you for the warm welcome. I put a thread up yesterday called New Pipe Smoker - My journey so far. I guess I should have either deleted this one or tried to join them??

Anyway, someone asked on an update on the tobacco smokes...

I like both of the blends I am smoking. The Red Deer Mist is a very mellow, rich tasting blend. In my limited knowledge I would call it mellow and sweet. It smokes slow and cool and the flavors get deeper as I smoke the bowl down.

The Captains Choice is becoming my favorite though. It is deeper, has more aroma and flavor and tastes richer. I picked up 10 grams of Golden Virginia and am smoking my way through that I love it. It is sweet, nutty, and has a hint of something spicy. I'm sliding toward the Virginia blends. Here is a picture of some tobacco I ordered the other day from 4noggins. I ordered these because they sound like what I think I want to smoke. If you have any comments or opinions by all means, comment. Here is my first order from last week. I got a few grams of some bulk tobacco.

Here is the order I placed recently.

This tobacco order if I had purchased in Canada would probably have cost me close to $800.00
All comments and opinions welcome.

Chris in Red Deer Alberta

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Congrats and welcome. Where abouts are you in Canada? I'm in the Windsor Ontario area. :puffy:

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Wow! My wife and I grew up in Windsor, Ontario. Our families are all still there.

We, and I mean my wife, children and Grand kids all live in Red Deer, Alberta.

We've been out west for 43 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.