PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
I picked up a new Nording Sailor pipe last week from SPC. The pipe is a simple briar cylinder encased in a metal cylinder with a plastic heat shield to grip on the bottom, metal tube and mouthpiece. It is very light and easy to clinch. The draw is open and not surprisingly it easily passes a pipe cleaner. It smokes dry and isn't very hot - with Peterson Wild Atlantic at least. It is thus far a very nice little smoker and the best thing is the price - $32! It sold out quick in the first batch but hopefully more are coming. It comes in the silver I have, metallic blue, red, and copper. The metal stem comes out and the mouthpiece comes off. Fun little pipe. Here are a couple of pics.
screen shot on pc
screen shot on pc

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Isn't that the pipe that is designed to take stones in the bottom of the bowl, or in a chamber under the bowl, as a moisture trap? I suspect like other similar systems, it can be smoked successfully without the stones, but I'll be interested to hear about it. I like the simplicity and the current low price.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
That's a different Nording. This one is just an encased piece of briar with a normal tobacco chamber.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I like the way it just sits gripping the dash in your car.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
image.png

akfilm

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2016
Oh I like that. Huge fan of Nording pipes, and love my metal pipes as well, so...I think I have to track one of these down now.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
SPC must have sold through their stock, but they are often quick to re-supply if the items are available. I like the simplicity of the pipe, and the fact that it doesn't require additional supplies like keystones. Boy, Nording is all over the map in terms of pipe niches. He used to make factory pipes called Eriksens that filled the econo niche, and after that orange pipes that were low-priced. He's a good pipe guy, an innovative engineer, and an energetic business man. Plus, people really like him when they meet him on his travels. He really knows what he's doing. I own two of his pipes, a signature freehand and a sturdy Eriksen bent billiard, a great travel pipe.

Jan 8, 2013
I have several Nordings and love them all, but these just aren't for me. Being a Nording though, I bet they smoke like a dream. And at that price, you could stock up on a couple of each color quite easily. Enjoy :D

Status
Not open for further replies.