PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
My cellar is nearing completion. I still have about 25 more pounds on the way, which should take me up to about 350. Ok, I have gone a little crazy here, but so many of my favourite blends have (magically) been in stock over the last couple months that I just couldn't resist.
Here is where the cellar sits at this very moment:
http://www.tobaccocellar.com/peckinpahhombre

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
In the long haul that thing will probably do as good or better than a 401K.
Congrats peck that is an fantastic collection.

Dec 24, 2012
It's funny Sam, I only recently tried the Mc Holy Trinity and quite like all three. I have a few more tins of Blackwoods, St James Woods and Dark Star on the way. I find all 3 pretty good stuff and think there is incredible aging potential there for sure.

Dec 24, 2012
Also, i found out about two other tobaccos rather late in the game that I really enjoy: Sunday Picnic and Briar Fox. I love both and likely will be adding a couple of pounds of each. I also ordered sample tins of Night Train and Opening Night, as I haven't tried those yet either.

Jul 15, 2011
I know where Im heading once the zombie apocalypse hits. Dont worry Peck, Ill sleep in the yard if I have to. Or the deck. Do you have a deck? :mrgreen:

Dec 24, 2012
I do have a deck, but it's already crawling with zombies - well, two Golden Retrievers (neither of which have managed to retrieve a single bit of gold since we go them).

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
You are the gold standard of cellaring. Would love to see a pic of it all.

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
Peck, I went to your tobaccocellar.com link, and #1 I"m doing that...and #2 I noticed that everything is less than 6 months old. Am I to understand that you have done all this in 6 months? That makes all the more impressive... In a month I have aquired about 15# but nothing like that rate. I know it is better to get it spent now becasue it will be more costly later. Good work. How are your storing it? I bought an old cabinet and already know that it will be too small... DON'T TELL MY WIFE!

Dec 24, 2012
Am I to understand that you have done all this in 6 months? ... . How are your storing it?
Yes, all in 6 months. My wife said that she and the women at the post office were going to organize an intervention for me, lol.
I have a lot of space so storing isn't an issue. Everything is in a bunch of cabinets in a climate controlled environment.
I posted a few pictures of some of my stuff a couple weeks back on another thread when I started to organize it all; however, I will eventually do a complete series of photos.
So far, my only nervousness in terms of storage are those 8 oz H&H tins for my Anni Kake - I haven't jarred them up yet and am still debating whether I should. As I said, everything is climate controlled, including humidity so my current thinking is that I'm not that worried about it. That said, I have tried to contact P&C to ask them about the efficacy of those tins for long term storage and haven't heard anything back yet.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Peck your cellar is a thing of beauty! I would jar up the 8oz H&H tins I've had an 8oz tin from maybe a year ago that showed some rust in the bottom.

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
climate controlled how? I have mine in a cupboard in the basement on display in my man cave... next to the snooker table. Do I need to be doing anything different?

Dec 24, 2012
I don't know where you are, but I am in Ontario. We have cold winters and hot summers. My stash is in an area that is temperature controlled - ie A/C in the summer and heat in the winter, so it is always at around 70 degrees. Further, I have a system that controls the humidity so that the house is at a constant humidity level. The only thing that would worry me about storing it in a basement would be if your basement has too much humidity, as some basements do. Yours may be fine.

May 31, 2012
Yes, all in 6 months. My wife said that she and the women at the post office were going to organize an intervention for me, lol.

:lol:

Don't let em do no intervent'n !
I'm jawdropt.
Well done sir, very well done.
If there was an award for best blitzTAD, you'd win it!

(with bonus points for good taste!)
I saw the Fort Knoxish pictures of your cellar and it was all eye-glaze skullfuck,

a thing of wonder, like the lost city of gold!
The thing dreams are made of!

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
i'm in Missouri, so it's seasonal. Humid in the summer for certain. Dry in the winter. I have some McClelland tins that I am worried about, but other than that I think I am ok with my jars and other tins.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I'm in the same boat lucky; If you have access to a basement it's pretty near perfect. I am extremely jealous Peck; glad you paid attention when you learned how to use excel. I loled when I saw you chart break downs. Good job. Happy smoking. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.