PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2013
Hey All,
I recently moved into the North East Ohio area. There aren't many tobacconists around here without a drive, but I was talking to a lady at our local "Smoker Friendly" (they do in a pinch when you don't want to drive awhile) and she said pipes here have been becoming more and more popular. I did some poking around and the nearest Pipe Clubs all seem to be in the Columbus area. Surely, with some of the great tobacconists in Cleveland there should be a club in the area! If so, let me know or if you want to start one with me around here, I would totally be up for doing it!

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
The Cleveland area is much more cigar focused, but you're right, there ARE more pipe guys springing up.
Where in NE Ohio are you?

quincy

Feb 7, 2013
I usually go into Erie. I grew up there and the tobacconist has known me since I was 18. Or I'll call cousins and ask me to dump things for me at the Mentor Mall. I just miss sitting around smoking with people.

billinsfl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2010
Ashtabula? I couldn't t tell you where else to go other than Cleveland which has a.few really good places. Cousins Cigar on Euclid has an outstanding selection of tobaccos. Dad 's Smoke Shop on Detroit (I think) in Kamms Corners is a nice place too. Cousins also has an upscale shop on Chagrin in Woodmere that is very nice as well. JoVanns in Mayfield Heights is also a good place to go. I haven't lived in Ohio for many years but these are the places I go to when I visit the area. Good luck with the club.

robusthermit

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 9, 2012
I'm in Wooster. There is a small B&M here in town. It's not much but it does the trick.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I'm from Niles Ohio and moved to and lived most of my adult life in Cleveland, Ohio. Billinsfl has given you all the advice I could have given you. Ashtabula is closer to Niles than Cleveland, but your best bet is Cleveland.

quincy

Feb 7, 2013
Well guys if you ever want to get together to share a smoke let me know. I get to Cleveland about once a week on business and would love the break!

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I'm in Ohio for at least a week every Christmas and will probably be there for a week in the late summer as well this year. philmelillo@gmail.com. Keep me informed.

quincy

Feb 7, 2013
ohin, shoot me an e-mail when you come into town and we'll get together! That'd be fun. quincyaw@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.