(11 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by lordofthepiperings
  • Latest reply from mso489
  1. lordofthepiperings

lordofthepiperings

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thoughts?

I DVR'd it Friday night and just watched it this morning. I thought it was done pretty well. The writing seemed promising and the cast seemed pretty good as well. I like that they didn't set it into modern times. Sherlock is good and Sleepy Hollow is good, but after those two another period piece moved to modern day would seem a bit tired. I'll definitely be DVRing the next episode.

"The thinking man always smokes a Peterson." -Peterson of Dublin
    Posted 5 years ago #
  2. sallow

sallow

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I watched it on Hulu the other day. I was entertained. I like Sleepy Hollow though.

Posted 5 years ago #
  3. dragonslayer

dragonslayer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

To predictable, won't make the half season cut. A shame I like period series, problem is it will run out of steam fast. They rushed and set-up everything right off the bat making a good first show then it sludge's it's way through episodes running them out. Sleepy Hollow looks good, but may suffer the same fate. Remember about %25 of the shows get canceled after 6 shows, some already have fallen. No mercy, it's all about the ad bucks.

Craig

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.” Patrick Henry
    Posted 5 years ago #
  4. lordofthepiperings

lordofthepiperings

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

If it does get axed on NBC I'd like to see HBO pick it up. They can do a bit more with it on HBO since it's HBO and they don't really have to please censorship people.

Posted 5 years ago #
  5. crazypipe

Teddy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Posted 5 years ago #
  6. undecagon

undecagon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Does he smoke a Pete?!?

"I said NO camels, that's FIVE camels...can't you count?!"
    AJHvibes.com
    Posted 5 years ago #
  7. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I thought it was pretty good, not as good as The Black List, but I was entertained. For network TV it was pretty good as I do not expect much from the networks. HBO, Showtime and Starz have spoiled me in terms of the series I enjoy. Now if they had gratuitous sex and filthy language it would have been much better.

Harris
    Posted 5 years ago #
  8. lordofthepiperings

lordofthepiperings

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I liked episode two. I like that Van Helsing is working with Dracula. It's an interesting twist on the story.

Posted 5 years ago #
  9. tuold

tuold

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Someday I'd like to see a production more closely following Bran Stoker's novel. In the book women don't faint when Dracula gets close to them because he's sexy. It's because he smells like corrupted dead flesh!

The pipe is an instrument of civilization.
    Posted 5 years ago #
  10. gtclark

gtclark

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

+1 tuold - vampires are un-dead demons deserving of the everlasting fire! To paraphrase G. K. Chesterton, the old stories were about normal figures in unusual circumstances. The post-modern story is about an unusual figure in normal circumstances. Once upon a time, the knight fought the monster and we cheered for the knight. Now, the monster eats the knight and we cheer for the monster.

Who am I supposed to cheer for in Dracula? Everyone is reprehensible.

Posted 5 years ago #
  11. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

They are powerful beyond their moral compass and they live off other peoples' blood. Let me see, celebrities?

Posted 5 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   easydraw, fernafast, jaytex969, chilllucky, charf, philobeddoe