PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Here's what I was doing this weekend. (Music was added AFTER the event, sad to say.) This shooter isn't bad, and his "hat-cam" gives a shooter's-eye-view of the action.
This is the 2013 IDPA Florida State Championship. My club created and staffed two of the stages (including the most diabolical one). So we safety officers shot the whole match Friday, then spent Saturday and Sunday running 300+ shooters. Proud to say that some 70,000 rounds were sent downrange this weekend while running, standing, kneeling, sitting, crawling, bending and everything else and NO INJURIES in one of the safest action sports there is.
The very first stage on the video is the one I worked as a safety officer. (You can hear my voice off camera.) The second stage on the video (at 0:32) was the infamous Stage 7: Saving Miss Fifi, created by my club. Really kind of amazing, even after seeing it run scores of times. I was the first one in the entire match to shoot that stage for score -- and I did NOT shoot this one as well as this shooter did. I did a good job on Stage 8 (the third one on the video, at 1:04), and on Stage 9 and 10 (which follow it. (In fact, I MAY have shot Stage 10 better than this shooter.)) There were 12 stages in all.
(Only four pipe smokers that I saw.)
VIDEO OF 2013 IDPA FLOIRDA MATCH

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Thanks Cajun.
One old timer shot the whole thing with his pipe in his mouth. He shot slowly and moved slower, but just DEAD accurate. One point down (that is, one shot slightly outside the center zone or head) on that entire stage.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Thanks #6.
I've been shooting IDPA since nearly its inception. I've attended hundreds of matches and run thousands of shooters. I do not know of a single injury from a gunshot. Sprained ankles? Sunburn? bruised self-esteem? Those I've seen. But no gun related injuries. So far as I know, there has never been a gun injury anywhere in the sport since its founding in 1996.

Status
Not open for further replies.