My Trip to See Tim West

(6 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by undermidnight
  • Latest reply from Cortez
  1. undermidnight

undermidnight

Login to Send PM

Hey guys,

My fellow brier brothers at work and I visited Tim West today at his home/workshop. We were invited to come downstairs where he repaired my Peterson 1997 St Patrick's Day pipe and my Jobey pipe I picked up in the Cayman Islands. Tim did a great job at getting both my pipes operating again and it was amazing to see him at work. We are looking at having him make us a pipe special to us per our design specs.

I picked up an R.C. Sands pipe recently (who is one of Tim's proteges) and it is a great smoker. It has inspired me to make a pipe now in my woodshop!!

The master at work:

Anyways, it was an awesome lunch hour!!!

Jason

Oh yea, the Peterson is a great smoker! I smoked Eileen's Dream on the way home this evening. I thought it an appropriate choice

"The cosmos is also within us. We're made of star-stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan
    Posted 1 year ago #
  2. numbersix

numbersix

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Very nice - thanks for sharing.

"Be seeing you"

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Sounds like a great time!

I picked up an R.C. Sands pipe recently (who is one of Tim's proteges) and it is a great smoker.

I own a couple R.C. Sands pipes; both are well made, quality pipes and good smokers.

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. lonestar

lonestar

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Sweet !

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. ejames

ejames

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'd like to meet Tim. I've talked with him on the phone a couple of times and he seems to be a really nice Gent! Maybe I'll get that chance next month at the st. Louis show. Lord willing and the creeks don't rise I plan on attending.

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. cortezattic

Cortez

A part of the problem since he ...

Login to Send PM

It sounds like it was a great experience: a learning and motivational opportunity. Thanks for posting the picture.

I find myself sitting idly on the line dividing past and future,
    as if I could kill time without injuring eternity. -- Thoreau
    Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   gigger48, woodsroad, mso489, chopsie, cobguy, clarkj734, greatbrittn, natenice1, wayneteipen, misterlowercase, crazypipe, daimyo, frank13, mcitinner1, hiplainsdrifter, yohanan, trailboss, bigsby, mustanggt, philobeddoe, rx2man, ravkesef, ssjones, dhizzy, nepenthe1, condorlover1