PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
If you've seen many of my PAD posts you will know I do not buy a pipe unless I think it's a true bargain and most come from eBay. OK so I'm cheap! I buy mostly estate pipes. I only have two brand new pipes not counting my 8 cobs. I picked this one up last week. I was surprised to see someone list it as a buy it now and for $19.99! I was lucky to be searching probably within 10 minutes of it being listed. That baby was MINE!
This pipe arrived in a condition you'd think it had never been cleaned. The silver band was almost black. Just filthy. So after cleaning, sanitizing, polishing, etc here we go.
Peterson Donegal Rocky w/ Silver Band Bent Tapered Apple P-Lip
petdon2-2-600x368.jpg

petdon4-4-600x352.jpg

petdon1-1-600x368.jpg

This fourth pipe came from eBay as well for $24.49 not including shipping. It's not arrived yet.
Peterson Kinsale Rustic XL17ft Oom-Paul Rhodesian
bbbb1-600x355.jpg

Great deals are out here. Sometimes it takes a lot of searching but it pays off in the end.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Love the Donegal, great deal. I have to start checking out the estates more myself, I've been buying mostly new and spending a lot more money. Teach me Obi Wan :worship:

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Sweet Pete! Er, Petes!
Excellent job on the cleanup. I've seen pipes like you describe, but looks great from here post-refurb.

bobpnm

Lifer
Jul 24, 2012
Panama City, Florida
I love the apple. I have a Donnegal Rocky bulldog with the sterling silver band. I bought mine as an estate from Smokingpipes.com. What is kinda cool is that it came with both a p-lip and fishtail bits! It is a great smoker in both configurations. Bet your apple is too! Congrats!

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Love the Donegal! You're like me, I never buy a pipe anymore unless it's a deal. It's so much fun, like finding treasures.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Like both pipes pictured. The Oom-Paul has big presence and a unique take on that pipe, a little bulldog aspect

to the bowl. Impressive. Apple shape doesn't get much mention, but it's a good traditional shape. Just ordered

my first since I traded away a little no-name French apple -- good smoker, just not quite big enough. The one

on its way is a Kaywoodie, no less, extending my rack into U.S. machine made pipes. These are interesting

Petersons; I'm devoted to all five of mine.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Congrats - those are beauties. Great job on the restoration and you can't beat the price - nice going!

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
I love the 840 shape that you bought. I was able to pick one up on eBay myself in a Rosslare grade and love it. But mine was no bargain!!!! LOL

Nice catch on both Petes.

Congrats.

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Might have been the same seller I recently got my Petersons Deluxe 120 from. It was in rough shape and seems very old. $19.99

Status
Not open for further replies.