PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
An old cigar box i had laying around turned into a fun little project for me and the boys. I'm lining the box with this silky stuff over top of some foam rubber and gluing it into the top and bottom. It will function like a gun case!!! We painted it, and i sprayed poly over the paint. This is the best part. We used a 1" sash paint brush for the faux background, and pipe cleaners for the leaf, pipe and letters. pipe cleaners are useful!!!
2012-07-29214739.jpg

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
Thanks guys. Me and my boys couldnt be closer. We spend every waking moment of every day together. I work from home, if you want to call it work :D They like the room note of most tobaccos. I only smoke in my office, but it lingers into the rest of my place. Love my boys. They taught me what love really is. I understand my parents much better now. I respect them all the more too :puffy:

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
Great idea for a pipe case and bonding time with the kids... nice tat stencil as well... Me, I was planning on doing the same thing only using a plastic three drawer bin I picked up at dg and some eggcrate foam...

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
Thanks Lawerence. We bent the pipe cleaner back into itself to give a painting bristle effect and it worked good. If i would have had a few good art brushes it would have been much better, but it wouldn't have been a family project either because i would have been to into painting a masterpiece, not having fun with the kids. My oldest is very artistic. Good idea crk... Thats not a stencil. Its some flash i drew up. It's actually going on me:) I'll post after shots of it.

crk69

Jun 30, 2012
Sweet look forward to the pics of the new ink.. Lots of local tat shops around here will pay for original artwork from outside sources, maybe another place to earn some scratch...

bigmike

Apr 24, 2012
Those types of things are what adds to a wonderful relationship and your kids will always remember those times spent together doing such fun things.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
You remember things like that in your childhood, my grandfather always took the time to explain how machinery worked on the farm, I was driving the tractor at 8, moved the rice combine at 12 and think about him always, started a painting of him yrs ago, it's half finished and your post about kids and love will make me finish it this winter, you are a good father, you can"t buy that the old cajun

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
Thanks guys for your support. My kids and i are 1. We do everything together short of going to the john. :lol: They are very advanced, buth being ahead a grade in knowledge, but i wont let them skip a year like the school wants. There are a lot of things i am not, but I am the best dad I can be. Oh, do you think its wrong to smoke a pipe indoors around the kids? My parents both smoked cigarettes and i hated it. My boys like the smell of almost all the tobaccos they have smelled. I'd like your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.