PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jorgesoler

Can't Leave
Dec 3, 2014
I am a bit worried and confused. Today my son has come back from school with one of his friends. He'd told his buddy they could have some tea in the house, so my wife made a few Nutella sandwiches for them. At that point in time I was fixing my son's Venetian blind in his bedroom, so when I heard him approaching after his tea, I went outside. I know I should have not lingered behind the door after they went in, but he is only 13 years old, had been saying funny stuff lately and I was worried he could have been smoking marijuana with his friends or something. As I was behind the door, I could hear them commenting on what super hero was who, what super powers they had, etc. Anyway, at some point, my son said to his friend that he needed to expend some time with his dwarf and that it needed some grinding (I can't remember the exact words, but it was something down those lines). When my son left with his friend (he went into the backyard with his friend to fix his bike) I went to the kitchen to tell my wife about it. I have noticed one of the garden dwarfs went missing the other day, but my wife said there was nothing to be worried about. You guys think my son might be grinding holes in the garden gnomes to hide pot or other substances in it? I don't know what my son is going on about, but, in true honesty, I cannot help worrying about it.
gardendwarf_zps8728bbae.jpg

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
WoW is right. Your son is playing a dwarf character in a online multiplayer game called World of Warcraft. No need to be worried. Although, at that age he's grinding the shit out of his other dwarf too.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Gamer parlance...
Grinding = completing banal parts of a game to generate experience points required to advance a character's abilities and/or gold.
Dwarf = A race of sentient (mostly), surly humanoids reputed to be excellent craftspeople who are tough as nails. They are also quick to anger and slow to forget. Think Gimli, Gloin's son, not a Happy, a Doc or Sneezy.
*bow*
-- Pat

tppytel

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 23, 2014
I suggest you print up this thread, put it in an envelope in your desk, and hold onto it until you can present it to your son on his son's/daughter's 13th birthday. It will take until then for him to truly appreciate it.

darthcider

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 24, 2014
Wales
+1 with the gaming link.

Usually associated with role playing games, its the need to gain experience points to reach higher levels.

I am a bit disappointed in the level of schoolboy smutty humour, I thought we were all capable of much better jokes than has been offered thus far.

Is no one going to speak out on behalf of the dwarfs? Sure, they're scruff and grumbly, but they're known to be good workers. I wouldn't trust one though, they have loyalty issues, but still, does that condemn them all to grinding?
...wait, grinding dwarfs ...look in his DVD's for one called Behind the Green Door.

Status
Not open for further replies.