PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Here are some pics of my new estate find. A Rolando Negoita Carved Walnut Bent Apple with Silver from SP. I've been wanting one of his pipes, but most are way out of my league. Glad to have this dandy. She smokes like a dream and is not picky about the baccy I smoke out of her at all.

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Thanks guys. He is an artist for sure. Glad to have him in the USA. He has a very unique talent in my opinion, of being able to take a simple shape, many traditional, and present them in a whole new light. I will cherish any pipe I am lucky enough to own of his for my entire life.
This is my all time favorite of his, a Carved Walnut with Silver, and is the most exquisite example of a carved pipe I have seen to date. Oh how I wish I owned it!

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Really unusual carvings. Taking the traditional shape and giving it aggressive lines and bold finish.
Congrats and smoke well.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Nice grab on the Rolando pipe. That man is a master craftsman and one of the most talented artisans of our time. His talents don't stop at pipe making, as he is a metalsmith/jewelry maker by trade as well. His knife making skills go beyond belief. Congrats on acquiring a very desirable, collectible pipe from Rolando.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Sweet pipe, i love the shape and the stark contrast between the great looking rustication and the brightly and appropriately stained smooth shank. Enjoy the hell out of it and happy puffing!

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
That is really an unusual pipe. I like it a lot, and I'm glad to hear it smokes as well as it looks.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Oh heck I might as well show mine as well! ;)
9314355590_d47cecd895_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.