PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
A little while ago I asked if anyone would restore my pipe. Well cajunguy said he would, so I sent it out to him. I just got the pictures of it. It's gorgeous! The finish looks great, the stinger looks brand new, and the stem is now smokeable! Thank you again Tom!
Heres before. I had tried opening up the stem, but I didn't make it much better.

before.jpg

306980_270669266287742_100000340116388_993680_1937942037_n.jpg

And here is after

after3.jpg

after2.jpg

after1.jpg

hnryclay

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2012
Great Job, that looks like it will make a nice smoker. How heavy is the pipe? Does the stinger add a lot of weight?

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Just goes to show what a diamond in the rough can look like with a bit of work! Nice work Cajunguy! Enjoy it Uber!

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
If you need some help, someone on this forum is capable

Thats why I asked the people here to fix it. I've heard good thing about walker briar works, but I've seen what the people on this forum can do. I'd rather have my money go to someone here

cajunguy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
Thanks guys, and you're very welcome Uber. I love working on the pipes; it's really become a passion of mine. I'm just happy I was able to bring some sparkle back to his Willard.

phishphude

Lurker
Mar 17, 2012
That is so cool. I didn't even know you could restore pipes like that. Then again Im a noob ;)
Great looking pipe!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Great job cajunguy! She looks new and ready for a few more decades of use, enjoy!

Willards are interesting. Most (maybe all?) were sold thru the Post Exchange to servicemen during the 60-70's (from memory).

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
Great job cajunguy! She looks new and ready for a few more decades of use, enjoy!Willards are interesting. Most (maybe all?) were sold thru the Post Exchange to servicemen during the 60-70's (from memory)

Thats pretty cool! The previous owner could have been a war hero

cajunguy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
That is so cool. I didn't even know you could restore pipes like that. Then again Im a noob
Not at all. It's not something I talk about repeatedly, really. I've offered some pointers here and there, and shown a few of the estates I've picked up and restored. But other than that, I really haven't said much about it.
I started learning how to restore pipes right about the time I started smoking them. I learned what I could here and there, and then developed my own techniques. A friend's father called me "The Exorcist" because I de-ghosted a persistent flavor from an estate pipe that no one else could (this made me happy--and ironic, considering the recent GL Pease article). It's something I truly love to do, and right now I'm putting together materials to start making my own pipes. Hopefully I'll get my chance not too far in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.