PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Precious TAD that is!!! Can't wait to get home to my beautiful order of an 8oz tins of Larry's Blend and 4oz of Butternut Burley. I haven't had Larry's in a few months and BB is a new blend for me to try. Work can't end soon enough! I'm also going to go about stripping my favorite pipe tonight for an all natural finish (the one in my avatar) will take before and after pics.

Jul 15, 2011
Butternut Burley is choice. I can't say anything bad about that blend. Taste, room note, mildness, burn quality, all are just sickeningly good. I'm probably gonna order a pound of it before the end of the year, I like it that much. After you have tried it, expect to be huddled in the corner scratching yourself with the shakes waiting for your next fix...OK, maybe that's a little extreme.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Ooh, just saw that mine is waiting in the mailbox as well.
8oz of Larry's and 4oz of Butternut. Ironic :D
I completely forgot I threw a tin of C&D Autum Evening in there too!

Jul 15, 2011
I completely forgot I threw a tin of C&D Autum Evening in there too
Damnit guys, quit talking about all this tasty tobacco! I really want a pipe but I have to start cooking soon because we have company coming over.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Got mine today too! Reordered 4oz of Lord Methley from 4noggins, and added some G+H Top Black Cherry. :puffy: It was just supposed to be a small order of a Castleford reamer and shank brushes, but there's no way I can't add on a tin.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
My Penzance , Stonehaven, and FVF should be at my doorstep waiting. I am so very excited.
And Butternut Burley is a fantastic smoke for sure. I also enjoy Milk and Honey by them as well

Jul 12, 2011
I too had a TAD attack; just a taste of this and that...BAM---POW....TAD strikes! Larry's blend, LA Red, Cerberus, Mag Opus, SG St. James, SG Best Brown...

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
I'm trying to save my nickles and dimes for the pipeshow in Columbus next month. You guys sure make it hard.

Jul 15, 2011
That blend for me is, in a word, "comfortable." No bite, smooth taste, great retrohale, burns well in pretty much every pipe I own. You hear a lot of guys talk about a certain blend burning really well in a certain pipe, and I certainly agree that this is the case a lot of the time, but I can put Butternut Burley in a cob or a briar, everything from my gigantic Wellington to a little Dr. Grabow or a GBD or a no name to everything in between, it never fails.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
My lunch breaks at work just got that much better. It's just a good, easy, damn tasty smoke I don't have to worry about... exactly what I need on my 30 min break

:worship: Butternut Burley

jharvard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 2, 2011
I am not familiar with Butternut Burley, but after reading everything you gentlemen are saying would like to try some. I assume you are referring to "Scotty's Butternut Burley?" If I am wrong can you kindly inform me who makes the blend? Thanks guys. :puffpipe:

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Ok so Novelist you weren't kidding...I'm now smoking a bowl of it outta my meer and I swear I tasted smoky beef jerky mixed with egg big which was good for some reason...

Status
Not open for further replies.