PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Just thought I'd share my small but slowly growing collection.

The first pipe is my Stonehaven from the previous "Stripping Naked" thread. It has started to darken up quite a lot and getting a nice patina.

IMG_4440.jpg

IMG_4444.jpg

IMG_4445.jpg

IMG_4446.jpg

IMG_4447.jpg

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Next is a pipe my wife bought for Christmas a few years back and it is my dedicated english pipe. This one took awhile to grow on me but I really like the shape and rustication now.

IMG_4449.jpg

IMG_4450.jpg

IMG_4451.jpg

IMG_4452.jpg

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
This pipe is very special to me. A LaRocca I bought my Dad for Christmas about 5 years ago. Its seen some abuse through the years but its a great memorial piece and I smoke it regularly pretty much dedicated to VA's.

IMG_4462.jpg

IMG_4463.jpg

IMG_4464.jpg

IMG_4465.jpg

IMG_4466.jpg

IMG_4467.jpg

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
This is my first true estate. An Amphora 733 X-tra I love the canadian shape and this style of rustication. For $6 in very rough shape I figured it would at least teach me how to clean a pipe and start the restoration process. I will post a separate thread for before and after. This is after i got it to at least smokeable condition and cleaned much of the gunk and heavy oxidation from the stem and exterior...it was smoked pretty hard.

IMG_4453.jpg

IMG_4454.jpg

IMG_4459.jpg

IMG_4461.jpg

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
And lastly my cellar setup. Not much but samples and a few tobaccos I really enjoy but my wife is a full time student and pregnant with our first daughter so PAD and TAD funds are really non existent. I was surprised I was able to squeek by with the $6 estate purchase. The photo on the right is me and my Dad on our first hunting trip, first time I shot a rifle and a deer :)

IMG_4470.jpg

IMG_4471.jpg

IMG_4469.jpg

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Thanks Shaintiques and Cajun. The funny thing is that stonehaven was stained so dark you could barely make out any grain. I sanded most of the stain off and ended up with what you see there although it was a lot lighter and more matte. I smoke that pipe most so i figured a natural finish would patina quickly since its also a small pipe. The only "finish" on it is nose oil, which is kinda strange but thats what my grandpa taught me before I could even smoke a pipe and its worked nicely.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
You have a nice setup going there . Let me know how that Amphora smokes I have found a few that smoke woderfully over the years .

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Well I smoked half a bowl out of the Amphora earlier, some Mature VA, this may become an English pipe. I didnt like the VA in it at all but it may still take a few bowls. I already have two pipes dedicated to VA and Burley so I figure this may do nicely as a taller bowl letting the flavors develop more for English blends.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Thanks everyone! Bradley that pipe has been great from the start and I'm really happy with it now that it's a natural finish. Its my favorite pipe without a doubt I've really never had a bad smoke from it and can smoke it to the bottom from the first light.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I like the looks of that Stonehaven,great contrast. Also liking the birdeys that Amphora is showing.As Brad said-nice orderly setup. The damage on that La Rocca could be hidden somewhat with a bit of creative Dremel work and stain. Looks like a mouse got to it. I had that happen to a NOS Silver Duke I bought a couple of years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.