PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

trailspike48

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2013
I started smoking in Dec, 2012. I soon realized I needed pipes for a rotation. So I was off to Ebay. I have around a half dozen other pipes currently being cleaned or culled out. Only the Bonaquisti and the Savinelli Autograph Grade 000 cost over $100, and the Ser Jacopo was $85, all the rest were from $10.00 to $45.00. Mike Meyer, who has taken over pipe repairs for Walker Pipe Repair cleaned the Autograph and the GBD in the Syroco Rack
Heartlandandsavautographpipe009_zpsde059c7b.jpg

Heartlandandsavautographpipe009_zpsbb9f797d.jpg

Savinelli Autograph with an unusual shape.
pipepad001_zps6f025747.jpg

From left Bonaquisti, GBD Virgin, Ser Jacopo, Radice Rind with a severely charred rim.
pipepad002_zps8dff9a8e.jpg

Pipe on left is a carved Dragon by R. Arzuagi (no other identification) GBD Rhodesian, GBD petite nose warmer, T. West old western.
pipepad005_zps1a1b48c2.jpg

Top is a Bertrum Washington DC, Savinelli Green Gator, the Ben Wade from my brother that started me on this path, Savinelli Tortuga.
pipepad003_zps823236ca.jpg

A project Dublin shape, I'll post pictures when I finish.

trailspike48

Jan 15, 2013
I meant to post this picture of the Autograph instead of the same one twice. OOPS. And the GBD's are some of my fovorite pipes. I really enjoy them, I have two more that still need cleaning. I can't even get up the nerve to smoke the Sav Autograph. So far I've just admired its beauty.
pipepad006_zps7cfaa3ac.jpg

vabriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 24, 2012
Great collection! Motivates me to add some more different style pipes to mine.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Very nice collection. I hope you enjoy all these pipes plus the others you acquire over time. Glad you enjoy GBD's also. I have lots of them also.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Nice collection. I really like that Ben Wade. Thanks for taking the time to post them.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Nice pipes sir.
I have checked other threads and cannot find what GBD stands for. I know it is a pipe brand but also don't see those initials on anyone's site. Please help.
Dan

trailspike48

Jan 15, 2013
Yaz I believe it is the names of the founders of the pipe company, The old cajun
Exactly right Old Cajun.
The company was founded in Paris France in the 19th century by Ganeval, Boundier and Donninger.

From this site: http://www.perardua.net/pipes/GBDlines.html

Status
Not open for further replies.