PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
One came on monday and the other came about 40mins ago. I got two tins of MacB VCF and a 1lb bag of 7 Seas regular (I wanted plumcake but they were out of stock at the time so they sent me this instead for the same price)

On the back of the 1lb bag of 7 Seas Regular there is a date stamp of Aug 2010. Would it be safe to assume I'm smoking some 2yr aged aromatic? It tastes like a freshly opened 50g pouch I would buy here but I do find the choclate flavor has a little sour taste to it rather than sweet like it does from fresher baccy. The smell is kind of bitter but sweet and it smokes nice and dry. I didn't have to let it sit to dry it was perfect from the bag.
I will admit that I let out a loud 'WHOOO-HOOO' when it came and there was no yellow tape on the outside of the box. I think the guy in the mail truck heard me cause he was laughing when I was closing the door lmao.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Congrats bud.
Watching for that postman to come can be an arduous process... glad that your packages arrived unhindered and un-yellowed!
-- Pat

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Tracking says, today ... but no 'baccy. Gotta get a life. Also a pipe on the way, but that shows up,

or doesn't, tomorrow. Helps to go do something else.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Tracking says, today ... but no 'baccy. Gotta get a life. Also a pipe on the way, but that shows up,

or doesn't, tomorrow.
I hate that... Being a canuck with cross-border shopping tendencies and selling aspirations, watching tracking as soon as it hits the border is equally frustrating. For instance, I recently shipped a small package to a friend in New Jersey 8) as soon as the package hit the border my tracking message from Canada Post reads "Package has arrived in foreign country." Well that's freakishly helpful! Today, not an hour after I checked the delivery status and got that message I received an email from my friend stating he received his package.
Suspense is sometimes too much.
At least TAD and PAD take the sting out of waiting. :D
-- Pat

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
I know eh roth! Too bad I couldn't get some tins of FM or some nice flakes that old lol.
Watching for that postman to come can be an arduous process... glad that your packages arrived unhindered and un-yellowed!
Hahaha! Thanks Pat! I HATE waiting for stuff to clear at the border. It's like they know it annoys us and they are holding it on purpose lol. And your right about the impatient stress we feel when ordering something from foreign countries. I have never had to wait as long as I did for these two packages to come. I've ordered stuff from EU and it came within a week, I order something from a southern state and it takes 3wks.. I guess it depends on the postal service and I know USPS is known for their piss-poor service.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I guess it depends on the postal service and I know USPS is known for their piss-poor service.
I hate to say it, but if you're ordering in from the US, and the tracking shows it's held up at the border... well your problem isn't USPS, it's CBSA or Canada Post. What bothers me is that the tracking capabilities just seem to stop as soon as the border is hit... really? Those systems can't talk to each other? Boooo.
-- Pat

supdog

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
1lb bag of 7 Seas regular (I wanted plumcake but they were out of stock at the time so they sent me this instead for the same price)
Are you saying you paid for Plumcake but got 7 Seas instead at the Plumcake price? 7 Seas is $9-$10 cheaper on most of the websites I checked.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
Are you saying you paid for Plumcake but got 7 Seas instead at the Plumcake price? 7 Seas is $9-$10 cheaper on most of the websites I checked.
I checked my reciept and there was a price adjustment made. I just didn't notice it when I ripped the box open like an excited kid at christmas lol.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
Congrats on the arrival of ur parcel. I know that "Whoo-Hoo" feeling as well. :) Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.