Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

monstermash51

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 13, 2012
I hate how they put the "Price you Save" in bright red and not the "Actual Price" you're paying. It get's me every time because I see it and be like "Oh I can afford that!" Any one else hate it? Oh and while I'm here, I haven't been on in a while so what ever happened to The Smoking Dragon?

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
I hate that as well!! i quit going to that site because of that. almost accidentally spent over $400

bobpnm

Lifer
Jul 24, 2012
Panama City, Florida
I'm still checking the on line tobacco and pipe sellers. I noticed the same thing about Cup O' Joes. I don't recall seeing prices shown like that before. Definitely did a double take. I like things simple.

terry

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
More than one tobacco retailer does that. It's a sales pitch so to speak.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I've never ordered from them, but I have browsed their site many times. I've never had an issue with their price listings. A lot of sites do the same thing or something similar.
I just wish all of the sites would eliminate that marketing ploy, and just list the price you're actually going to pay. I'm not saving anything, because nobody sells that pipe or whatever for that suggested price other than maybe an actual B&M and most of us know B&M's charge more anyway.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
I have ordered from them a few times, no issues with ordering... Never bought a pipe, but I know exactly how you feel... Just list the price and be done with it...

oldmooner

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2011
Sherman, Texas
I've ordered "accessories" from COJs, but not tobacco. Never had a problem. I don't like the pricing ploy, but just about everybody does it. The best site I have found for estate pipes is BriarBlues (www.briarblues.com). He does not sell tobacco, but his prices are reasonable and the pipes I have bought have been in excellent condition.

martiniman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 6, 2012
@smonkigndragon

you should inflate you prices by $1000 then offer a summer special for $1000 off.... :D

Aug 14, 2012
I have bought from them, usually as a last resort. They are on the expensive side, and the one picture posted per pipe is usually not the actual pipe for sale. But they are honest, ship quickly and have a big inventory.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I believe that if COJ wants to stay up with their competition, they are going to have to seriously look at how they are doing business. That site is not doing one thing to enhance their business, it only serves to detract from it. The pipe pictures and descriptions are no where near the quality of their competition and therefore hurt sales. I think that whoever is in charge of their pricing is hurting them badly, because when you gouge on certain things because you perceive a shortage( 90.00 a pound for Samuel Gawith Bulks, can be bought many places for 60-64 a pound) you are telling your customer that you do not value them. It is a slap in the face to loyal customers to have to see those kinds of prices. It also kills you if you are trying to get new customers. When I go to a site, I look for a couple of items, if those items are priced real high, I leave the site, never to return.

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
It's all buyer beware. I read every word before I hit the buy tab.No matter what site I shop from.
My last order from COJ's was shipped to another state. COJ's resent it. We all screw up.

Status
Not open for further replies.