My Old Friend Reborn How I Have Missed It! (pics)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
As many of you know I recently had my pipes stolen and along with those my favorite tamper. I had it made by our own ejames. The earlier one had a .500 Magnum shell casing, ventilator metal pipe shank and brass push pick. I asked Ed if he could duplicate it. We did a little different design this time around though. Still went with the .500 Mag shell. I got these back when my best friend got married. We went and shot fully automatic weapons as well as the .500 mag revolver at the bachelor party. I saved a few of the shells. The first tamper was made from one, and this one is as well. I liked the Ventilator pipe shank repurposed and they just look really cool buffed up. So Ed tracked one down for me and then he put in a Briar accent piece stained red. The pick has a screw in design and is stainless steel. If anyone wants a tamper that will last for a lifetime you should get Ed to make you one, his craftsmanship is of the highest quality. I know for me my pipes are like old friends and each one is special in its own way, but I feel the same way about my tamper, perhaps more so as it is with me for every smoke, and I have missed it. Thanks again Ed for my little work of art!

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Yeah Ed makes beautiful tampers and will work with you on design. If you want to see more examples of his work check out his site. http://www.ozarksouthpawpipes.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.