PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I do not own a Savinelli and I want to get 2 more higher quality pipes and I love the look of this one. Any opinions or anyone own one of these?
http://pipesandcigars.com/sapitusm128b.html

garyovich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2012
I own a tundra 320 smooth. Awesome finish, long dry smokes. And I get compliments on its appearance pretty regularly. If I was choosing between the two you linked I would take the tundra over the caramella hands down, but you wouldn't be going wrong with either of them.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I like the Tundra. But I am more of a traditional shape guy. I have about 10 savinellis and think they offer a lot for the money. Good luck on your choice.

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
I've got 3 Savinelli's and they all smoke really well. Probably my go-to pipes most often. Can't go wrong with any of them so have fun shopping.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'm actually smoking my Caramella 920 KS as I type this. The Caramella is a wonderful smoker with great aesthetics to boot.
I have four Savinelli's myself, a Miele 677KS, Caramella 920KS, Solaria 920 KS, and a rusticated Bing's Favorite, and I can say they're all wonderful smokers. You really can't go wrong with a Savinelli.

wstruth

Lurker
Feb 25, 2013
The tundras have a beautiful finish,. I have a 615 that smokes great. Enjoy it when you get it.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
I have 3 Savi. Picked them all up in the last 45 days. They are fantastic and really a great bargin for the money. They look great too. You can't go wrong.

Jul 12, 2011
I also like the Tundra series, my PAD beast has been acting up again

for this one;

http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/savinelli/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=118198

mtpipe

Lurker
Jan 18, 2012
This Savinelli Tundra was my first pipe. I love it. I dedicated the pipe to Va. baccy.
Savinelli1stpipe.jpg

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
I presently have two Savinelli's and like them both. They smoke great and look great! They are both lower end Sav's so I couldn't imagine how the higher end's could smoke even better. Here is the first one I bought. A Duca Carlo Lumberman. Dedicated to STOKKEBYE light aromatics.
pipepipe4-600x381.jpg

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
OK so I broke down and bought the Savinelli Tundra Billiard today, love the look of the stem and the grain on the pipe. Just to make the shipment "worthwhile" I also added a tin of Escudo, Wessex Burley Slices, Bob' Chocolate Flake and Gawith's Best Brown Flake. That will have to do for awhile now........my wallet is not too happy with me! Hurry up postman, should be here in 3-5 days and I hope there are no issues at the border.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Both of those are nice, but I really like the Tundra, especially with the cumberland stem.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I can't wait to get it and load it up for the first time, I've been looking at the cumberland stems for a few months now.

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
I have been looking at getting a Tundra myself! Hopefully next pipe or so. I like this guy but also would sort of prefer one with a longer stem, since that's the coolest part of the Tundra's IMO.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Oh man, I looked at that one too, I love the Canadian shape but I'm a clencher so I'm not sure if that would be awkward or not.

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
but I'm a clencher so I'm not sure if that would be awkward or not.
Same, I clench everything tho. Churchwardens, bents, straights, heavies, lights, even both my clays with a little adjusted "grip" -- so I'm sure it'd be OK!

Status
Not open for further replies.