My New Tobacco and Storage (With Pictures!)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipe8

Might Stick Around
Jan 3, 2013
Well guys, firstly, thank you all for the fantastic advice. You have been brilliant.
I know you all love photos so here is my recent tobacco purchase ( 1kg )
All of it is up for storage (minus the 2x Peterson aros) and I plan to store it long term. Hopefully by then either it tastes amazing and I will smoke it, if not, I will leave the other 3 Night Cap, 3 Squadron Leader and 9 Full Virginia flake tins unopened and sell them.
To add, I have put the original invoices inside the box's to confirm date and amount, if I ever want to sell them it might prove useful.
img2013012400274.jpg

img2013012400280.jpg

img2013012400281.jpg

pipe8

Might Stick Around
Jan 3, 2013
The tin without the label is the one I’m going to open first (don't know why it's upside down, sorry!)

bubblehead33

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 17, 2012
Canada
nice haul! you'll be smoking good for awhile. also, the European (I assume) warning labels don't beat around the bush do they? haha

bubblehead33

Mar 17, 2012
Canada
nice haul! you'll be smoking good for awhile. also, the European (I assume) warning labels don't beat around the bush do they? haha

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Excellent strategy (and pretty good choice of tobaccos if you ask me.) :clap:

Thanks so much for taking the time to photograph and post the pictures!

pipe8

Might Stick Around
Jan 3, 2013
Thanks for looking guys! Thats nothing, the back of the tin makes me feel sick so I remove them normally. The reason I haven't is because it might add character down the line if they stop selling them!
I always remove them if I'm smoking the tin, I know I'm gunna die, I'd rather not be reminded all the time!
Enjoy...

yorkshirepipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
They're ridiculous, bottles of vodka and whiskey are warning free, so apparently going through a bottle by myself one night won't affect me at all - The tins that have the warnings stuck on are OK, they can be removed with lighter fluid, the ones that get on my wick are the ones that are printed in the tobacco label, just add a 'C' onto "harm" and an 'S' on to "kills" :)

gray4lines

Nov 6, 2012
KY
Good to know that 1 tin of FVF does not kill! They should make more of those I would think.
just add a 'C' onto "harm" and an 'S' on to "kills"
LOL!! Yes... why do they keep making the "deadly versions" when they can just make the safe variety instead??
I dare someone to go to a B&M and make the above-mentioned label changes to all of the tins! :puffy:
PS Very good haul. I have one tin of the SG I'm waiting to pop open!

pipedude

Lurker
Jun 6, 2010
Europe
Great collection. Those warnings are quite harsh. I prefer buying my tobacco in France then I can't read what it says. Actually, in Germany i never buy tobacco in tins I always buy the house blends which come in a nice package- health warning free :)

seamusjft

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2012
We can't buy any tobacco product without these disgusting images on. "Smoking kills" says it all does it not. The one that really does offend me is a hyperaemic syringe, filled with presumably heroin, labeled "smoking is addictive"! I wholeheartedly resent this warning system and have yet to find a fellow smoker who gave up because of it! Rant over lol
Pipe8 who do you prefer to order from if u don't mind me asking?

pipe8

Might Stick Around
Jan 3, 2013
Not at all,

Smoke-king.co.uk

mysmokingshop.co.uk or

smoke.co.uk
My favourite is smoke king as it's the cheapest

smoke is brilliant and has loads of stock but more expensive

my smoking shop is again good, but doesn't do next day delivery but sell everything!
Those images are there to scare people and it does work, but I just peel them off knowing that smoking a pipe in “moderation” won’t give me teeth like that, and won’t make me as addicted as a heroin addict.

Now it’s cold I often don’t smoke for a week or so at a time and it’s no real issue, sure I miss it, but It’s not an issue!

Status
Not open for further replies.