PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Looking very forward to smoking a bowl from this beautiful new pipe, so I'm about to go fire it up. It's just as I thought it would be and feels very good in my hand.
20190118_151658-600x333.jpg

economistandfisherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 11, 2018
Nice pipe! I had a Rossi last year and it smoked really nicely...unfortunately, lost it overboard while trying to haul in a largemouth bass and never got around to replacing it. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Well, I'm smoking it right now. I had ordered me some PS LNF to go with it and thought "what the hell, why not!" A new pipe, some new to me baccy, might as well use them together, and so far, I am glad I did. This one has a pretty big bowl on it, likely larger than average of any of my other pipes:
Length: 5.74 in./145.80 mm.

Weight: 1.86 oz./52.62 g.

Bowl Height: 2.07 in./52.58 mm.

Chamber Depth: 1.82 in./46.23 mm.

Chamber Diameter: 0.81 in./20.57 mm.
Most of my bowls are at or under 1.75 in. and about 0.75 in. deep or under, so that little bit extra has made a world of difference for me already in regards to smoking flakes. Didn't hurt that these flakes arrived fairly moist, so I folded one lengthwise, then in half, gave it a little twist and a scrunch and loaded it in. It fits perfectly!
Once lit, the draw is about as perfect as one can get. The only other pipes I have had that smoke this well right out of the gate are my Peterson Christmas and my Meerschaum.
Mmmm, this tobacco is good too...Man, glad I bought both now, very glad. Might have to pick up more of this LNF as well...I'm liking it a lot!

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
I love my Rossi's, mostly Rubino's. All great smokers and are mostly my workhorse/driving pipes. Love em.
I don't really care for rusticated pipes but you definitely have me thinking. I really need to add a couple of straights to the stable and I love that saddle bit.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
Nice buy. I see my pipes as tools the same way I see my hammers or knives. I would never buy an ugly hammer or knife. Nor would I buy a 1000$ hammer or knife. It's the same with pipes. They have to look good to me and function. Those Rossi Vittorias look like perfect tools to me. That one is a tad large and heavy for my tastes, but if it works for you, then congrats on your purchase.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Rossi is a good line from Sav. I have 2 Vittorias and both are nice smoking pipes. And the price can't be beat in my book...

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I've been reluctant to buy a Rossi due to their low price, assuming they're low grade. I may cave in eventually, with exemplars like Carolina'warden's new acquisition.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Congrats Carolina-W,a shape just in accordance to my preferences, I have had one Rossi red stain Lumberman,that was a nice one, smoked very well but was a bit heavyweight to my liking,so I sold it off,with money losses of course.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I appreciate it fellas! It smokes great, looks great and at the very least, the LNF taste and smokes well through it!
As far as the bowl, I don't know. I have smoke countless flake from several different bowl sizes, but maybe it's a combination of the bowl on this pipe and the LNF itself, but it seems to be a very good pairing.

Status
Not open for further replies.