PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
..... arrived yesterday afternoon from Marty Pulvers
No markings to make it a Pete other than the "K&P Petersons" on the collar. Beautiful pipe. It is a System. Very heavy due to the material, heavier feeling than my XL90.
It was as clean as I keep the rest of my pipes on the rack. Broke it in with SG Grousemoor ( review will be posted soon ). What a lovely smoke, very cool and dry.
This pipe is probably as old as I am ( turned 35 this summer ) .... I gather these were made in the 70s.
Here's some pics for you
002-600x450.jpg

001-600x450.jpg

003.jpg

The third picture has it sitting next to a System 317 ( my "baby Pete" ), the smallest Pete System AFAIK.

mick

Can't Leave
Aug 13, 2012
Only slightly off topic: Grousemoor is the best!
Interesting how it looks nothing like a stereotypical meerschaum.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
Good looking pipe. I would like to get it into some sort of protective custody from the Grousemoor. looks way to nice for that for sure!!!

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Mick : indeed. On both counts. I wouldn't make it a day smoke unless I had to.
Dervis : to me, Grousemoor is exceptional and unique. Something about those flowery flavours that I dig ....

mick

Can't Leave
Aug 13, 2012
Grousemoor is exceptional and unique
Oh so true! It's my desert island smoke: if I only had one baccy for the rest of my life, it would be Grousemoor!

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
Being an African meer & Peterson slut, I really Like that pipe. I have never tried Grousemoor I will have to add it to my TAD list.

johnny

Lurker
Sep 30, 2010
Those meers are great, I own one just like that but it's colored differently. It smokes great. Another guy that hasn't tried Grousemoor. I love SG's blends but haven't bit the bullet on that particular blend yet

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
I was wondering who bought that pipe. I looked at it several times. Glad she's got a good home rcstan.

Status
Not open for further replies.