PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Just received a Dunhill I won on eBay yesterday. It's a 1932 production sandblasted Double Patent Shell Briar series finish, "LB" shape stamped or "Large Billiard". It's about a group 4 in size but not stamped as such. They didn't stamp group sizes in the 30's. Dunhill used to sub grade their LB pipes into different sizes in the 20's and 30's, an 8 being the larger size LB. The sandblasting pattern is really nice, you can see a craggy deep ring all the way around. This isn't a flaw or crack, but was a soft ring in the briar that the sandblasting removed. This isn't just rare but just gorgeous in my opinion. Just about as beautiful as it gets.
rc32lb1.jpg

rc32lb4.jpg

rc32lb6.jpg

rc32lb7.jpg

rc32lb11.jpg

rc32lb12.jpg

mattia76

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
I saw this one and almost bid on it.

Very cool.

You can't go wrong with a beautiful, old estate pipe, especially one as nice as that.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Wow, very nice! I am not familiar with that effect of a "soft ring in the briar"...very interesting. Looking at that I would have thought for sure it was a crack. Quite a find...enjoy!

bigmike

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
It really is a beauty and I myself had bid on it a few days ago..........Glad you won it.
Enjoy !!!!!

colesradioactive

Might Stick Around
Apr 3, 2012
Awesome lookin pipe. It's crazy how deep that ring of soft of briar ran. I've never seen one quiet so deep. Definately a most unique characteristic of the briar

martiniman

Apr 6, 2012
I have seen many of your posts including you meerschaum collection and come to the conclusion you have too many stunning pipes to enjoy and should share the wealth. I can send a small package to you to be filled with 10 or 12 of your "overflow" pipes to relieve you of your burden. I feel confident that many members are willing to help you overcome your PAD.... :mrgreen:

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Great buy! I am planning on purchasing my first Dunhill shortly.

Hope that gorgeous pipe smokes well!

Status
Not open for further replies.