PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncleblackie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2014
I really like the stem as well.
Smoking Pipes had a couple like that with yellow and blue stems that were really tempting.
If it were me, I'd be smoking Westminster or Odyssey. Or perhaps, keep it fresh for the arrival of... The Virginia Cream!

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
Nope. Sorry. I meant to tell you your image wasn't working, but I forgot. I copied and pasted the URL.
I also tried to post the image for you, to no avail.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I like that stem also !
ANfW_ytmHdJQC3iX3mU_9FBbDwAJq0OGhLkrw3oaWh5xvOEkUw=w762-h571-no

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
Stunning pipe! I love looking at Chris Askwith's pipes. I guess I have a thing about crazy stems.

bcharles123

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
I was thinking old wood modern stem. Seemed appropriate.
I have another one of his pipes. Blue and yellow stem. I really like the quality of his work. This new one will be its brother.
My first experience with Morta. Any secret wisdom?

bcharles123

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
Got it today! Was torn between testing it on a known favorite (Jerods suggestion for Dunhill Flake was leading the list) and testing it on the piece of Askwith Cake that Chris sent with the pipe.
Had to go with the cake! Great stuff (perique heavy). Pipe smokes great and the cleanest new pipe taste, meaning no taste, I've had. Every collection should have a Morta pipe.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
That's a great looking pipe, any profile shots? I'd be hard pressed not to sample the cake as well. Enjoy. :puffy:

Dec 24, 2012
Great pipe. I have an Askwith Morta as well. Personally I would go with an English blend. Morta can impart a subtle "smokey" flavour that I think works best for English blends, but that is just my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.