Not open for further replies.

bernie2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2015
I just ordered this new Moretti pipe:
E6pMnkQ.jpg

NzqvnvA.jpg

avxpxMt.jpg

The volcano design is one of my favorites. I love the grain of the briar on the sides and especially like the birdseye on the bottom.
Now I just have to wait a week or so for this to arrive from Italy.

Reactions: vates

mirain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2011
Wow, that is a beauty. Fantastic grain. Moretti makes a great product. I own two, both of which are excellent smokers.

Enjoy!

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Welcome to the forum, Bernie.
That is a beauty-the straight grain and the birdseye.
I've not had the privilege of owning a Moretti, but I sure hopes this one smokes well for you.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Congrats buddy, you will not be disappointed in owning a Moretti. Marco provides a top notch product with top notch customer service. He ships very promptly as well and stands behind all of his work, so if you ever have any issues with craftsmanship (which i doubt you will) he will bend over backwards to make sure you are taken care of. Enjoy in good health!

bernie2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2015
layinpipe - You are correct...Marco is a great guy and provides excellent service. The pipe arrived from Italy just over 3 days after it was ordered. Marco is on top of communication and I get the feeling he'll bend over backwards to help out if any issue ever comes up. Here's an actual picture of the pipe after I received it:
8cnxhPi.jpg

Now that I have it in person I'm really in awe of the workmanship of the pipe and the quality of the briar. I know Moretti uses briar aged 10 to 15 years but I am floored of the quality of this pipe for the price. I picked this up for $185 + $18 worth of shipping. Any other pipe I've seen with this quality of grain and the amount of birdseye is easily a $500 to $1K pipe. I very pleased with the purchase to say the least.
In fact it was so nice I almost thought about not smoking it and just putting it on the shelf. That lasted about 20 minutes when I opted to light up on my drive home. :) It's not easy to smoke a new pipe while driving a stick shift in rush-hour traffic, but it was well worth it. I am happy to report that the pipe smokes very well.
I highly recommend Moretti pipes and I couldn't be more pleased with Marco's customer service. I'm sure I'll purchase from him again.

K

klause

Jeebus!! That is absolutely stunning - that Birdseye is jaw-dropping.
I have a Moretti that I utterly adore - I completely agree with all your comments and thoughts about Marco, his work, and service - he's an all round good guy, In fact, I think he's quite exceptional, and it shows in his work.
Again, that is an amazing pipe - congratulations.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Wow very cool pipe,I love the grain and the volcano shape just fits the overall design! very nice indeed and the price! great find! enjoy

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Yes, That's a beautiful piece of briar. I agree that it's worth much more than you paid for it. That's a steal.

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
This pipe is simply stunning congrats!
I picked this up for $185 + $18 worth of shipping. Any other pipe I've seen with this quality of grain and the amount of birdseye is easily a $500 to $1K pipe
I was wondering what this set you back. I went and checked here and found a simliar pipe well into $1K, how did you manage to get such a great price for such a fine pipe‽‽

bernie2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2015
pipebaum81 - I think Marco sells most of his pipes on eBay these days. I've been checking out his website and haven't seen any new pipes in his store there for weeks. He is however putting 10 pipes a week or so on eBay. Some are purchase only, some are bids.
It seems to me that he may be best known for his magnum pipes. Those seem to sell pretty consistently at $500 or more. The high quality magnums that have gone to auction seem to jump up in price pretty quickly. The smaller pipes seem to regularly sell between $125 and $300, even with high quality grain and birdseye. I was actually worried a bit about the pipe I purchased, thinking it may be a bit small compared to what he typically makes. Luckily it turned out to be just the right size for my tastes.
I almost hate mentioning this on the forum because that will just mean more competition on auctions. The truth is that Marcus makes great pipes, he's a very nice and responsive person and he deserves to see a little more competition in his auctions. Truth be told I would have felt like I got a steal at twice the price I paid.

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
bernie, it is most generous that you share your ebay tip. The pipe you snagged is "worth" so much more than what you got it for. I say good for you! I would love to have that pipe even for three times what you paid for it. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.