PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Our B&M decided to comission a Pipe Of The Year for themselves and got Danny Chlebove of Gabrieli Pipes in Betlehem, Pa. to do a limited number of pipes for the occassion. I bought #2 which Dan describes as a double stack Dublin. I road tested it with Stave-aged Virgina 35 and must say that this pipe is a masterpiece. Light weight, very open draw and a spectacular over treatment of the product. Dan has a unique system for drilling his stems, which are very high quality and low sulphur content vulcanite. The bowls are not coated but impart very little briar taste during the first bowl. Dan was in the shop when I got it today so that was very special to me. The initail run was 3 pipes but he is making more for the upcoming pipe show at the B&M in October. IMO, Dan is a pipe maker worthy of everyone's attention.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Great looking pipe, glad to hear it smokes great for you. Congrats on your newest acquisition. I am not familiar with this artisan, looks like some research is in order.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Sounds like a wonderful experience so far, and it's a great looking pipe.
Congratulations!
-- Pat

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Harris, this is a wonderful pipe and if you like an open draw then Dan's work is what you'd want. He's got a web site being developed but he's been making pipes for quite a while and has done some very creative stuff. His pricing is right and the materials are all first class.

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
Gents, I guess I'll chime in at this point. My name is Dan Chlebove some of you may know me from some other forums and ebay as bluesmk, maker of "Gabrieli Pipes" and I've been making pipes since 1998. I really need to use this forum a bit more. Here's a link to my site, the pipes are mine but everything is in demo mode so no descriptions,prices, or "buy it now" buttons. We need to iron out and add nore pipes and pics, should be done in a few weeks hopefully, have a look:

http://www.lwphotographystudio.com/pipes/

Thanks,

Dan

Gabrieli Pipes

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Dan - looking great there, and glad you joined up here. I've seen a number of your pipes at the NY/Newark show several years ago and they were very very nice indeed. I'm looking forward to the Tobacco Village event that papipeguy told me about. Should be soon and hopefully not when Richmond is happening.
hp

les

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
Thanks Les, been registered here for a while just haven't put it to use. I'll be at the Tobacco Village event also papipeguy invited me to your monthly suare' at the "Wooden Match" so if your at either it'll be good to see you again. Unfortunatly I won't be attending Richmond......again! I miss that show.

best,

Dan

Gabrieli Pipes

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I've been smoking this pipe twice a day since I got it, which is very atypical for me, as I usually let a pipe rest for a couple of days between smokes. This thing is almost magical and I find it difficult to stay away from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.