PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzzbegone

Lurker
Sep 28, 2013
Last night my lower back was killing me, and I was content with taking painkillers and falling asleep, but instead my wife asked me to wait so I sat down in my recliner and watched TV.
After waiting awhile my wife guided me into our bathroom where she had prepared a bubble bath for me. I was skeptical at first, however I entertained her gesture since she was thoughtful of me (I usually only take quick showers, not bubble baths). As I was in the bathtub I kinda got bored and my wife must have realized this would happen, because she returned to me with one of my pipes (my churchwarden), a small jar of baccy, and my multi-tool/pipe lighter. That made my night and I think I smoked about 2-3 bowls in our bathtub. The best part though, is that my wife joined me in the bathtub while I was puffing and we had an awesome conversation.
If you haven't tried puffing in the bathtub I strongly urge you to try it! And if you have a large bathtub and a wife/lover, it gets more awesome if they join you!

Reactions: gkunkel

trailspike48

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2013
Nice gesture by your wife. I'm not likely to sit in a bathtub anytime soon, but it sounds like you had an enjoyable evening.

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
buzzbegone said: "... my wife joined me in the bathtub while I was puffing and we had an awesome conversation."
nice that you didn't "kiss and tell" ... I've been on other forums where a poster revealed more detail about an encounter with his wife than I imagine she'd have been pretty uncomfortable with had she known ...

buzzbegone

Lurker
Sep 28, 2013
A gentleman does not discuss such details in the open (not that I mind people who do though) /wink :)

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
I've suffered with a bad back for years - there is no relief even from pain pills when it flairs up. I never used the bathtub (we have an old cast iron claw foot that is really deep) I was always afraid that I wouldn't be able to get out. So, how was the exit?

latbomber

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2013
Im much too clumsy to smoke in or even near water. I'd fumble my pipe and it would be floating like a corpse!

buzzbegone

Lurker
Sep 28, 2013
@plateauguy
Upon exiting the bathtub, I'm not sure if I still felt back pain or not. I had forgotten about it you could say, due to multiple distractions.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
The trouble with bathtubs is that the water cools off way too quickly, especially with the whirlpool models. The past two houses I've owned have had them, and I used the one in the last house one time. NEVER been in this bathtub in the 9 years I've been here.

Status
Not open for further replies.