PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
those who have been aware of my ever changing avatars will be pleased to know that I have posted up a new avatar in the spirit of conformity....yes, I'm following along with the other Sheeple in posting up a picture of myself. No, it's not very exciting or mesmerizing like my last one, but sure to be exactly the opposite of it....boring. :( and my apologies to anyone that the other one offended..so very sorry.
This photo was taken on our Charter Yacht in the British Virgin Islands(Heaven on Earth),two years ago. The computer also squeezed down the image which makes me look 40 pounds lighter. :clap: Funny how that last avatar thread just " disappeared into nowhere " 8O

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Marty, I like seeing the real you in your avatar, albeit 20 pounds lighter. I think the "Sheeple" classification is best left for antis and other similar groups.
Using your real pic as an avatar is actually not the norm, but I am pleased to see people taking me up my on suggestion from the new avatar rule thread where I made the suggestion.
I deleted that thread as I thought the conversation evolved into an annoyance, and I am too busy to explain myself (answering the questions that came up there) to anyone that can't figure it out for themselves.
To make sense of this, ironically, I guess I do need to address one thing as an example.
Some questioned why the rules seem different here, like more conservative than on my cigar site. There are several Cigar Babe shoots that are scantily clad, in lingerie, etc. The Pipe Babe shoots are all fully dressed.
My problem is that I don't have the patience to educate someone on the difference between the pipe market and established norms in the cigar market. There are a lot of differences between the two, and that's all I have time to say.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
Soooooo, Cigar smokers are low moral louts that can handle the nudity? Annnnnd we pipe smokers are much more gentile? My cigar smoking grampa would just slap you. Oh, that would just prove the point. :laughat:
It's a joke everyone, not a rant, so no bashing. :lol:

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Now wait just a min.... That lady on the cigar site is uh... showing nips. Lots of nip shots there...
And in an effor to stay on topic, Thank you Hobie for changing your pic. I also like to see the face behind the comments. Don't get me wrong, I loved the Avatar. It just made it hard to be on the forums at work lol
Which I shouldn't be doing anyway. So maybe you were trying to help me keep working and not wasting so much time on the forums... but nay sir. You have failed in your lofty quest.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I finally figured out how to change my avatar picture. I hope the tie and top hat don't offend anyone.
Winton

revs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
Utah
where are the cigar babes?
Oh, Hobie, you need a marlin in the picture. :D

withnail

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
I like the trend towards using real pictures of posters as their avatars. It does make the site a little more personal when you can see who you are talking to.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I like the trend towards using real pictures of posters as their avatars. It does make the site a little more personal when you can see who you are talking to.
Yep, I'm, growing quite fond of seeing more people switch over. Lots of people just want to hide behind the PC and not have anyone know what they look like or where they live, etc. :cry:

revs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
Utah
Ummm.... why did I change to pipes from cigars? lol. I think I understand the difference in the pics. Pipes are pipe shaped and cigars are, well, ask Mr. Clinton. :lol: Hence the difference in the babe pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.