PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
So, I was at my local pipe club meeting last week when a fellow pipe club member walked in with a large box full of pipes that he was looking to sell. He pulled out 11 Stanwell free hand pipes that were from the early 1960's and in the original packaging. Apparently, the man who used to own these pipes was just a collector and never smoked them. He traveled to the UK many years ago and brought all these pipes back. He recently passed away and his family brought the pipes in to our local BM. I picked this thing up for an amazing price and I am too scared to smoke it haha! Let me know what you guys think!

img_0392-450x600.jpg

img_0393-600x450.jpg

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
I would save it if you have money for other pipes. Some collectors items are worth much more "untouched". Think twice is my opinion.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
I have my pipe club tonight so maybe ill bring it and light it up.... just maybe...hah!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I would smoke it. It looks like it will be a real good one with those thick walls. All of my pipes are meant to be smoked,I couldn't imagine getting a new one and not firing it up instantly. I hope you go for it.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Definitely gotta smoke it. That is what they are made for. That is a very cool find and a great story behind it as well.

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
That's a beautiful freehand. I would smoke it, smoke it all the time. I would smoke it during leisurely activities though. Stick that in your jaw and sit down for a good read is what I would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.